Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !


Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Z900  (Read 7110 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2950
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: New Z900
Reply #20 on: March 11, 2018, 11:15:02 PM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]

 :028:  it is an inexpensive way to clean up the front for those with bar end mirrors  :821:

That it is, thanks for the tip. As far as the rhino moto bar ends go, after searching google for a bit, I found an answer on another forum. If you message rhino moto directly, they will create the order for you and invoice you through PayPal. Plus they only charge like $20 for shipping, unlike the aforementioned theiving bar stewards above!
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online ras

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4288
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
  • Country: us
Re: New Z900
Reply #21 on: March 11, 2018, 11:29:53 PM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
That it is, thanks for the tip. As far as the rhino moto bar ends go, after searching google for a bit, I found an answer on another forum. If you message rhino moto directly, they will create the order for you and invoice you through PayPal. Plus they only charge like $20 for shipping, unlike the aforementioned theiving bar stewards above!

do yo have access to a lathe as  the OEM bar ends turn down very VERY  easy.
Another quick clean mod to mount bar end mirrors
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2950
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: New Z900
Reply #22 on: March 12, 2018, 12:10:51 AM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
do yo have access to a lathe as  the OEM bar ends turn down very VERY  easy.
Another quick clean mod to mount bar end mirrors

As chance would have, yes! After all these years, my previous profession as a mechanical engineer might actually come in useful lol.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online ras

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4288
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
  • Country: us
Re: New Z900
Reply #23 on: March 12, 2018, 12:13:25 AM
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
As chance would have, yes! After all these years, my previous profession as a mechanical engineer might actually come in useful lol.

that is what I did ... hard to beat free  :821:
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline stuartho

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • *
  • Posts: 497
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: New Z900
Reply #24 on: March 12, 2018, 05:39:56 AM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
do yo have access to a lathe as  the OEM bar ends turn down very VERY  easy.
Another quick clean mod to mount bar end mirrors

My OEM bar ends are very wobbly. Theyre fully tightened up but have a significant amount of free play. Is this everyones experience or do I have weird OEM bar ends? And, if they do come wobbly as standard, do the OEMs not move too much with mirrors attached?

Ive purchased the Rhino Moto bar ends, which are great and very solid, but the eBay special 3piston knockoff mirrors I bought dont fit in the groove. So I have two immediate options:
order the expensive CRG Arrows which I know will fit, or
machine the OEM bar ends to fit the mirrors Ive got.

Online ras

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4288
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
  • Country: us
Re: New Z900
Reply #25 on: March 12, 2018, 08:21:17 AM
*Originally Posted by stuartho [+]
My OEM bar ends are very wobbly. Theyre fully tightened up but have a significant amount of free play. Is this everyones experience or do I have weird OEM bar ends? And, if they do come wobbly as standard, do the OEMs not move too much with mirrors attached?

the OEM bar ends have a rubber bushing inside, not a solid metal bar end (where earlier years were solid). I have 3K plus  miles with no issues and zero mirror vibes with the Ebay special mirrors I bought
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline Marco

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 853
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
  • Country: gb
Re: New Z900
Reply #26 on: March 12, 2018, 08:46:15 AM
I've got wobbly ones.
Z1000.  I had a 900 so you'll never get rid of me. NEVER!

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2950
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: New Z900
Reply #27 on: March 12, 2018, 09:02:11 AM
Mine are on there solid. Took a bloody long ratchet handle to be able to get them off when I changed my grips. If yours are wobbling, it may be worth taking them off, making sure theres nothing inside to cause them to wobble and re-attaching them. Make sure you use some blue loctite.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Online ras

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 4288
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
  • Country: us
Re: New Z900
Reply #28 on: March 12, 2018, 09:58:17 AM
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]
I've got wobbly ones.

it is to help with vibrations
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline Marco

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 853
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
  • Country: gb
Re: New Z900
Reply #29 on: March 12, 2018, 01:28:52 PM
Vibrations do take a lot of the wobbling away.
Z1000.  I had a 900 so you'll never get rid of me. NEVER!