Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Lust racing lowering kit  (Read 833 times)

Offline Kirky07

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Liverpool
Lust racing lowering kit
« on: March 31, 2018, 06:27:18 PM »
Just fitted the lust racing lowering kit to the Z900 and adjusted the the front forks to suit kit as advised by lust.
Have to say it hasn't changed the handling characteristics but has made a massive difference to my confidence when stopping and manoeuvring at slow speeds . I would definitely recommend it , could do with a slightly shorter side stand now though. Guess I'll figure that one out soon😁😁

Offline ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: Lust racing lowering kit
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 08:29:48 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kirky07 [+]
has made a massive difference to my confidence when stopping and manoeuvring at slow speeds

confidence is key   :028:

Offline Scim77

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Pulborough
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2018, 02:26:27 PM »
I fitted my Lust kit last week and did exactly as you have done. It has given me that same confidence too.
Whilst the side stand manages (just) it is a bit unstable. T-Rex Racing do one for the Z900 but it will probably cost over 100 plus postage and import duties. So today I ordered a new Kawasaki kickstand, part number 34024-0141-18R. It costs 57.61 total from P&H Crawley. I will saw off a section about 30 to 35mm long, just above the foot pad and then get a local welder to re-attach the foot again. That should be totally reliable.
Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that falls over when it stops?

Offline Kirky07

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Liverpool
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2018, 05:31:38 PM »
Keep us posted on that one mate. I'm just careful now where i park up . Its still got a bit of lean left but i'll have to get the stand sorted.

Offline Scim77

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Pulborough
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2018, 05:39:43 PM »
Hi Kirky07
I have just posted the details about the shorter kickstand. It works perfectly.  :152:
Check out "Suspension Set-ups & Mods" / Lowering links.
The new Kawa kickstand costs around 58. My welder bud charged me 10 to modify it.
Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that falls over when it stops?