Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z Cup fairing and accessories  (Read 9576 times)

Offline Schithawk

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Portland, ME
Re: Z Cup fairing and accessories
Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 03:06:04 PM
*Originally Posted by Alley___Kat [+]
Did you ever get around reproducing them?

Girl's looking for a belly pan and things are looking measly right now  :157: nothing much to choose from

I'm curious as well.  At this point I'm about to figure out how to make one myself.

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 03:22:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Schithawk [+]
I'm curious as well.  At this point I'm about to figure out how to make one myself.
If I had access to one to make a mold from, I can easily and quickly reproduce them here in the states. But not worth it if starting from scratch (due to time and cost). Even in glossy carbon fiber.

Waiting for a plug...  :164:

Offline Alley___Kat

• Z900 Member
Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 07:03:22 PM
SOMEONE GIVE THIS GUYS A BELLY PAN TO MAKE A COPY OF, ALREADY  :148:

I need one!

Offline Jalugas

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Sta Coloma de Cervel
Reply #23 on: June 07, 2020, 06:20:01 PM
Hello good day,
I am Javier Luna, owner of CARBONVICE.  :010:
I am new to your forum, I still don't know how it works, but I will try to learn quickly. I also do not guarantee that I will be able to reply soon to messages.
The first thing is to apologize because if it is true that someone has contacted us from far away.
The problem is that we are a small company that has been dedicated to Motorsport for 20 years. Historically our clients are companies, we have manufactured for factories such as Metrakit, Conti, Ohlins, Kawasaki Spain, and countless speed equipment from MotoGp to children's karting.
The problem came with the trend that we created when in 2013 Kawasaki asked us to do a keel for the ZCup 800. At that time, I saw that this could be the start of a trend.
Currently we have a range of keels for Z650, Z800, Z900, Z900 20, Z1000, ... but the production is manual, piece by piece, increasing, but we cannot attend to the entire globe. Little by little, we are improving and solving these problems.
Our first distributor, M_Designs is also overflowing with so much work, that's why I want to open new distributors for other countries and thus be able to better serve the general public, also improving shipping costs.
I hope you understand me, and know how to forgive all those who tried to get our products without success.
Kind regards Zs  :431:
Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 06:22:42 PM by Jalugas

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #24 on: June 07, 2020, 06:36:09 PM
Ooh, this could be interesting. Off the top of my head, Ive got a couple of questions. First, theres 3 versions of the belly pan on the M designs website - Z900, Z900E and Z900/Z900E. Can you tell me what the difference is between the 3 as the description is the same for all 3.

Next question is what countries do you intend to have distributors?

Lastly, any chance of a discount for forum members?

Thanks.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Jalugas

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #25 on: June 07, 2020, 06:54:07 PM
Hello RobZ900,....

For the Z900 the first version I manufactured is the ZCup keel (for running ZCup, for IXIL collectors).

If your motorcycle is a Z900E, there is a keel the same as the previous one, but with a different front cutout, since the collectors exit from somewhere else. IMPORTANT: if you changed collectors, this is no longer your keel. If you put IXIL, you can put ZCup, or ZStreet.

Because the public wanted a keel for the standard motorcycle, I made the ZStreet, wider 1 cm, with exhaust trim, more beautiful for the street.
For us it is important that the keel does not touch the ground in potholes and especially in maximum inclination (racing level), ... if you are one of these, I recommend IXIL + Keel ZCup.

I am interested distributors where the cost of unit shipping makes it very difficult to sell (USA, Australia, etc), ... UK would be a good market too.
To your question about member discounts, I hoped it would take longer to make it   :001: :001: , .. this is a fiberglass product, manufactured and painted manually, the manufacturing costs are high and the margins low; and especially the low production (80-100 units per month). The discounts would be very small, but I will appreciate it in the near future, ... let me meet you.  :305:

Offline Jalugas

• Z900 Junior Member
Reply #26 on: June 07, 2020, 07:00:01 PM
*Originally Posted by Alley___Kat [+]
SOMEONE GIVE THIS GUYS A BELLY PAN TO MAKE A COPY OF, ALREADY  :148:

I need one!

Hello good, ... our lawyers would be delighted  :192:  but before I prefer to inform you that our pieces are registered.
On the other hand, I invite you to create your own piece yourself, so we can see your work, and learn about your experience, all the hours you have had to dedicate and all the problems you have encountered.
I think it will be cheaper to buy one!

A cordial greeting.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #27 on: June 07, 2020, 07:09:32 PM
Ok, just had another look. I can see the street version of the belly pan. So this would work with any headers including stock but not with the arrow headers?

I think the states would be a good distribution point as the shipping is killing those guys. As for me, Im in the UK so shipping isnt too bad, but if youre opening up shop here, then that would be cheaper still, so thats a win.

I can appreciate that manufacturing cost and the number of units you make each month means that margins are low, but anything would be good :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline iBuchon

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: St. Louis, MO
Reply #28 on: June 08, 2020, 02:35:31 AM
The racing tail is the part I would immediately purchase. It looks like it is a direct replacement for the stock piece. I check on it every few weeks but have never seen it in stock. Thank you for trying to make your products more accessible to everyone. I hope it happens soon!

Offline Schithawk

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Portland, ME
Reply #29 on: June 08, 2020, 01:44:15 PM
Mark me down as someone highly interested in some US availability!!!