Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Horn relocation.  (Read 4360 times)

0 Members and 14 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline BartZ

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 30
  • Country: gb
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 05:19:25 PM
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
But why?! .. The horn is fine where it is on the bike in the first place ...  :028:

I guess one could ask a question why have you replaced all those stock parts on your bike with the Rizoma ones? they were fine on the bike in first place, and the answer would be simple...
because it looks better and that's what you like  :152:

Offline RR

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 171
  • Country: sc
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 06:55:10 PM
*Originally Posted by BartZ [+]
I guess one could ask a question why have you replaced all those stock parts on your bike with the Rizoma ones? they were fine on the bike in first place, and the answer would be simple...
because it looks better and that's what you like  :152:

And aerodynamics!

Offline sutefunu

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
  • Country: bg
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 07:56:19 PM
And better access to the radiator for washing and stuff.

Offline KawaJagz

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 42
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
  • Town / City: Lowestoft
  • Country: gb
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 09:14:54 PM
And the horn is hidden from all the thrown up road crud.
I used to be indecisive, but now I'm not so sure!

Offline mininsx

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 166
  • Bike: '17 Z900, '19 SV650
  • Town / City: Central Kentucky
  • Country: us
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #14 on: July 20, 2019, 05:36:43 PM
Is there room for a train horn under there?  :008: The way people drive around here I'd like to have one.

Offline Simoncrp

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 424
  • Town / City: LONDON
  • Country: gb
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #15 on: July 21, 2019, 02:41:30 PM
*Originally Posted by mininsx [+]
Is there room for a train horn under there?  :008: The way people drive around here I'd like to have one.
https://youtu.be/jLfD1AFsb1I

Offline Waza

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 44
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Edinburgh
  • Country: gb
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #16 on: November 01, 2019, 06:26:28 AM
Just done this tonight. So much better looking.

Offline Greyhairhoon

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 793
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
  • Country: au
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #17 on: November 06, 2019, 09:45:57 AM
*Originally Posted by Waza [+]
Just done this tonight. So much better looking.

I like. I am going to do this as well. Did you have to bend anything? not that it is a problem. Might cut off the extra bit of bracket and drill a new hole on that left side where he has no hole and the bolt just on the edge. I know he said he was changing it later and has probably done that himself as well.

Offline RR

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 171
  • Country: sc
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #18 on: November 06, 2019, 09:53:29 AM
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]
I like. I am going to do this as well. Did you have to bend anything? not that it is a problem. Might cut off the extra bit of bracket and drill a new hole on that left side where he has no hole and the bolt just on the edge. I know he said he was changing it later and has probably done that himself as well.

It is not needed to bend or drill when you do it as displayed in the first post. Unless you wish to overcomplicate it. ;)

Make sure to tighten it well or use a locknut. I almost lost mine due to vibration.

Offline porkchop

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 294
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
  • Country: us
Re: Horn relocation.
Reply #19 on: November 06, 2019, 12:20:19 PM
I'll ask.....
How well can you hear it?
The horn is sh*tty enough being out in the open, now being muffled more?  :027:
"The ride is the reason"