Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Pilot Road 5's  (Read 18231 times)

Offline bobw

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2019 Z900BKF
  • Town / City: Southampton UK
Re: Michelin Pilot Road 5's
Reply #110 on: May 22, 2020, 07:13:48 PM
Having read all the reviews on here I have had a pair fitted today the original rear oem tyre lasted  only 1900 and now have a new pair of road 5's the ride home was ok although it was in the wet.get a couple of dry days and I'll go and scrub them in.Will report back after scrubbed in with my view of tyres.
Better to arrive 10 minutes late in this world than to arrive years too early in the next.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #111 on: May 22, 2020, 08:13:35 PM
*Originally Posted by bobw [+]
Having read all the reviews on here I have had a pair fitted today the original rear oem tyre lasted  only 1900 and now have a new pair of road 5's the ride home was ok although it was in the wet.get a couple of dry days and I'll go and scrub them in.Will report back after scrubbed in with my view of tyres.

Dont worry about the wet, they stick like sh#t to a blanket no matter what the weather is like lol.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #112 on: May 27, 2020, 10:51:34 PM
So after 12 620km my rear tire is done.. front is still good for a few kms.

Sad note: I still havent found a nice road with a lot of curves near my house to burn to sides tires.

I commute a lot with the bike, and sometimes highway.

So I look like a complete noob that ride only on a straight line lol.

Anyone else saw a straight line appeared on his road 5?

OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #113 on: May 28, 2020, 12:05:03 AM
I can see it on my front tyre, but havent seen it on the rear, or at least not yet anyway. I guess its something to do with the moulding. Still a bit of meat left on that rear isnt there? I can see that the wear bar is just about smooth at the bottom on the right, but have you checked the tread depth? Oh and dont worry about looking like a noob, on each side of the tyre theres a circle with the Michelin man logo. Just touching the edge of that circle is about as far as I ever go. Ive been slightly further than that on a couple of occasions, but not very often. Always good to keep a bit of lean in reserve on the road. The absolute limit of the edge should be reserved for track.
Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 12:07:48 AM by RobZ900
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
Reply #114 on: May 28, 2020, 12:20:56 AM
The wear bar on the middle is flat with the tire!

Moving to the sides I still got plenty.

I havent touched the extremity of the tire yet but Im getting close. I found 2 highway exit I can practice there lol

So that line isnt a warning or something like that? I was planning to keep the tire for a part of June
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Reply #115 on: May 28, 2020, 12:29:36 AM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
So that line isnt a warning or something like that? I was planning to keep the tire for a part of June

Antenna tread to dissipate electrical build up
2017 Z900

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
Reply #116 on: May 28, 2020, 01:20:02 AM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
Antenna tread to dissipate electrical build up

Cool thanks!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
Reply #117 on: May 28, 2020, 06:19:08 AM
Measure the tread depth where the wear bar is. Havent done it with these tyres yet, but theyre normally within legal limit, just a warning that youre close. Might find you can still eek out a few more miles. That said, it would depend on the weather. If I got to the wear bar in winter then Id change, summer Id see if I could get a bit more out of it.

Offline sutefunu

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Stara Zagora
Reply #118 on: May 28, 2020, 06:37:57 AM
So after 12 620km my rear tire is done..

It looks like new to me 😁😁😁😁

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #119 on: May 28, 2020, 08:14:48 AM
Sad note: I still havent found a nice road with a lot of curves near my house to burn to sides tires.

I commute a lot with the bike, and sometimes highway.

So I look like a complete noob that ride only on a straight line lol

Maybe you should consider converting to the dark side?
BF Goodrich Grabber? 😁
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.