Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Michelin Pilot Road 5's  (Read 20466 times)

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Michelin Pilot Road 5's
Reply #120 on: May 28, 2020, 08:16:17 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Maybe you should consider converting to the dark side?
BF Goodrich Grabber? 😁

:745:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900 2018 ABS
  • Town / City: Quebec
Reply #121 on: May 28, 2020, 12:34:38 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Maybe you should consider converting to the dark side?
BF Goodrich Grabber? 😁

Funny funny... hahaha

Ill try to at least get 15k with it! After that burnout time :D
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #122 on: May 28, 2020, 02:15:06 PM
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
The wear bar on the middle is flat with the tire!

Moving to the sides I still got plenty.

I havent touched the extremity of the tire yet but Im getting close. I found 2 highway exit I can practice there lol

So that line isnt a warning or something like that? I was planning to keep the tire for a part of June
No, that line isn't a warning that I know of but when you see the steel cords coming through...THAT'S a warning.

Even though you're touching a tread wear marker I would have no problems riding on that tire for another month. The sides look brand new.

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
Reply #123 on: May 28, 2020, 02:21:22 PM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
No, that line isn't a warning that I know of but when you see the steel cords coming through...THAT'S a warning.

Even though you're touching a tread wear marker I would have no problems riding on that tire for another month. The sides look brand new.

Thanks for reminding me my sides are new  :( haha
OES Frame Slider - RhinoMoto Bar End - Chinese Mirror -  Chinese Windscreen - EBC Brakes pads - Leovince Full System - ECU 2WheelDyno - Chinese Seat Cover - Brocks Heavy Spring - Road 5 - MotoDynamic Integrated TailLight - Full Givi Luggage System - Sprint AirFilter - TankSlapper - Fender Eliminator - Ergo Seat - EvoTech Rad Guard - Liqui Moly Oil -

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #124 on: May 28, 2020, 02:57:28 PM

Go find an empty space and practice knee down on both sides until they catch up with the middle lol.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #125 on: May 28, 2020, 04:13:54 PM
I hate to say it but I think you need to move to where there are some winding roads. I used to think I had it bad because I was forty five minutes away...until I rode through the mid-west. 😬

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
Reply #126 on: May 28, 2020, 05:04:27 PM
I hate to say it but I think you need to move to where there are some winding roads. I used to think I had it bad because I was forty five minutes away...until I rode through the mid-west. 😬

In the early days of the forum someone posted up pics of his Z9 on the back of his pick-up. Drove it 9 hours to get to some corners!
It's always stuck in my mind as I just take corners and elevation changes for granted. Got rain, cold and dark winters too mind to add balance.
Where is closest to 365 biking Nirvana?
I suppose everywhere had it downsides.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Reply #127 on: May 28, 2020, 05:18:05 PM
I hate to say it but I think you need to move to where there are some winding roads.

Once the border opens up ....... 6/20
2017 Z900

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 God
Reply #128 on: May 28, 2020, 05:35:13 PM
Only close place is the white mountains and dont worry my sides were burnt with all my camping luggage on the bikes.

Im getting close the Michelin logo like Rob said when I take an highway exit lol Im not that bad :D

Offline kilosierra

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900 ABS (2019)
  • Town / City: Coimbatore
Reply #129 on: June 08, 2020, 09:53:08 AM
Hi folks,

Just changed from the Stock rubber to Michelin Road 5s and have done about 250kms on it so far. Its a world of difference between the stock tyres and the Road 5s. Will keep you update on how these pan out as the distances increase.

Cheers!
Krish