Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: HealTech QuickShifter  (Read 8164 times)

Offline Drak3n

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
Re: HealTech QuickShifter
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2019, 10:45:09 AM »
Hello, Kawasaki dealer offered me discount on Healtech quickshifter,
but they also notified me, that in case of damage on the transmission,
it will be not covered by warranty (i have extended warranty).
Thats the reason im considering this, if it is worth risking(i have 18
000km and so far, shifting is so smooth, only 3 times and had issue
with missed gear and ratling, but otherwise ok!).

What are your thoughts about Healtech quickshifter so far ? Is it
smooth and did you have any bad experiences regarding clutchless
shifting ?
Can i turn it off somehow, or does it shut off, if i will engage
clutch lever ?  Thank you !

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2019, 11:31:15 AM »
Thats a standart notice from a dealer regarding warranty, but at the same time, its very odd - they offering discount for a product )))

Standart blah blah blah. If they reselling it, then take responsobilities!

On the other hand, healtech is  a great small company, their tech support replies almost instantly, offering quality products. Quickshifter is a well known technology, just different manufactures, installed by many, so and on my z900. No issues.

P.s. i even do clutcheless downshifts, HT allows this too ;)

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2019, 11:32:52 AM »
Forgot to mention, you can always turn it OFF via phone, once it installed on the bike. Bluetooth connection

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
« Reply #83 on: September 06, 2019, 02:08:10 PM »
I've been running a (HealTech) QS since new and haven't had any issues with trans (I'm @ 16K miles). But here is what bothers me what the dealer told you....

1) All dealers (in US) are privately owned and while it could be a 1 brand specific (Kawasaki in your case), the actual dealer isn't the one that approves or denies any warranty work (except for small stuff). They ALL call Kawasaki headquarters and submits their warranty claims and then find out if it will be covered (this is generally done over a phone call). So knowing this, its important that a local dealer has your back since they are giving detailed info on your MC (like mods, looks abused, ect..). They generally don't want to risk losing their dealer status. Some dealers use more discretion and are there to have your back and make you happy (to an extent) and aren't giving more info than is needed about your MC.

2) Legally, they MUST prove that a part you added was the direct cause of failure. Thats the law! (US only) Simply adding an aftermarket part will not void its warranty. While both the dealer and Kawasaki Corp can deny you, you can legally take it to court...its within your right. But I will add, it will likely cost you more time and money than may tolerate. I will also add that if you keep it professional, the dealer and Corp don't like to risk going to court. If your lawyer sends the dealer the papers showing they have been retained by you...they want to avoid if possible (rare it actually goes to a judge).

Here is what I would do. Don't buy any aftermarket parts at that dealer because they've already proven they will not have your back. If it was me, I would never deal with them at all. Buy the QS online and install it yourself or have another local MC shop install it. If done well, you can't see the QS unless you dig deep and are looking for it so bringing it to Kawi dealer for service they will likely never find it. Unlike all other quick-shifters on market, the HealTech has a really small and obscure pressure sensor that doesn't screw ----> QUICK SHIFTER HERE <-----

Don't let the dealer scare you, a quick-shifter comes stock on most SB's and has been proven to not cause ANY transmission issues.