Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: PAIR blockoff and O2 sensor plug kits $63 delivered  (Read 1048 times)

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Springfield, VA
PAIR blockoff and O2 sensor plug kits $63 delivered
« on: July 21, 2018, 06:50:31 AM »
I would prefer to move these 2 items as a combo as opposed to separate. Both come from 'smartmoto_electronics' in Greece. I bought 10 as an experiment and 1 is for me, so 9 of them available for sale.

PAIR block-off kit = $45.40 now $39
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263687580973

O2 sensor plug kit = $19.50 now $16.80
https://www.ebay.com/itm/263691291546

Shipping $7.20 CONUS Priority flat-rate
Payment USPS money order or Paypal.
Good suspension doesn't have to be expensive.

Offline trez63

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: SoCal
Re: PAIR blockoff and O2 sensor plug kits $63 delivered
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 10:39:29 PM »
So tell me more about this O2 sensor eliminator. Will I need one if I have a PC installed? And what does the "connector" piece actually do? Is it just a terminator or does it actually do something active?

Offline bmartinZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Denver CO
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2018, 12:31:10 AM »
*Originally Posted by trez63 [+]
So tell me more about this O2 sensor eliminator. Will I need one if I have a PC installed? And what does the "connector" piece actually do? Is it just a terminator or does it actually do something active?

Only way to plug the o2 bung is by tuning it out via the ECU. Leave yours plugged in. O2 sensors work in the closed loop section of the fuel map (lower rpms <5k or so). It's basically telling your ECU hey we all good down here or hey I need a bit more fuel. A PC cannot tune this section of the map. The auto tune for PCV will come with a wide band o2 sensor so it can get A/F readings and make suggestions on what to change on the map you have installed. Unless the ECU is flashed, you are locked out of whatever the closed loop section is.

This is why ECU flashes are preferred over PC. However, a good thing about the auto tune would be that you can use it in conjunction with a flashed ECU. So once you have a full map tuned, a PC can read the data and make suggestions given how and where you were riding. You can then load up that map via the PCV and see how it does all the while keeping the fully tuned ECU map as a much better starting point.

Offline An7h0ny

• Z900 Pro
  • http://modernvespa.com/forum/topic150352?highlight
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Newark
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2018, 04:01:07 AM »
My rapid bike evo module makes changes to fuel injection across the entire range. Including the closed loop section.  It's directly pluged into all 4 injectors.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 04:03:00 AM by An7h0ny »

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Springfield, VA
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2018, 01:39:14 PM »
*Originally Posted by trez63 [+]

If your O2 sensor is disabled (eg. flashed ECU) then yes you should remove it and store it away wrapped up, and plug the hole. If you're running a PowerCommander you'll want to 'short' the O2 sensor pickup with the provided cap, and thereby force the stock ECU into open-loop mode all the time.  And remove the sensor and plug the hole. The Auto-Tune module as previously posted has it's own much better sensor.

Post-ECU solutions like the Rapid BIke can utilize the OE sensor (you tap into the connector) or better yet install a proper wide-band sensor for it's analysis and injector pulse width calculations.
Good suspension doesn't have to be expensive.

Offline riptide_wave

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Minnesota, USA
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 01:21:38 AM »
Thanks Matt!

Ordered this kit, and was shipped USPS Priority and got here in 2 days. Hoping to get the block off plates installed later this week, and the O2 sensor plug once i get the ECU flashed next season.