Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Conti Road Attack 3's  (Read 3194 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Conti Road Attack 3's
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2018, 08:49:32 AM »
*Originally Posted by JohnCW [+]
At no time did the RA3's budge an inch (I rode modestly conservative on the smoother texture surfaces, but gave it a bit of stick on the rougher texture roads).   About as bad a conditions as I will even ride in, and the RA3's performed flawlessly.

Z8's were my previous preferred tyre.   I only changed due to lack of availability.  I have no hesitation in saying the RA3's outperform the Z8's in all aspects.

Hey John, what sort of mileage have you done on them so far and how are they wearing, i.e. even wear and how much tread left?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline JohnCW

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Sydney
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2018, 12:35:50 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Hey John, what sort of mileage have you done on them so far and how are they wearing, i.e. even wear and how much tread left?

Hi Rob
At a pure guess, probably racked up around 1500 kilometers since fitting the front and back RA3's.   Front looks still brand new, and the rear just the slightest no longer round but now a hint of flatter in the middle.   

How long they will last, can't say for certain.  Probably expect to run two rears to one front which I don't normally do.  Do I see this as a short life, no.  Actually the opposite.  The way I look at is the tires are nearly sport tires at least grip wise.  Even if they really aren't wouldn't matter because I couldn't use any more if it were there.  So are they proving to be a long lasting sport tyre, absolutely.

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2018, 04:45:08 PM »
I really have nothing to report about these most excellent tires. Mine have about 1200 miles Andrea they look exactly like samxboy's .

Online Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2019, 02:15:44 PM »
When checking fitments on the Conti website, when choosing the Z900, it comes up with 4 results, one of them being the SportAttack3. But it doesn't show the RoadAttack 3. Wonder why.
Also, how do these tyres compare? Has anyone got the Sport Attack 3 on their bike?

Online Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2019, 02:37:33 PM »

Offline Pedro

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 Performance
  • Town / City: Seixal
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2019, 07:03:25 PM »
In my opinion the z900 is not a sport or hypersport bike but more a sport touring bike. For sure the ContiSport does not last as much as the ContiRoad (assuming the same kind of driving on both). Strange they do not put an option with the ContiRoad for the Z900 on the Continental site. For me is decided, i will pick up the ContisRoad Attack 3 before the end of the month.

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2019, 12:33:43 PM »
*Originally Posted by Pedro [+]
In my opinion the z900 is not a sport or hypersport bike but more a sport touring bike. For sure the ContiSport does not last as much as the ContiRoad (assuming the same kind of driving on both). Strange they do not put an option with the ContiRoad for the Z900 on the Continental site. For me is decided, i will pick up the ContisRoad Attack 3 before the end of the month.
You will be very happy with them. I run them at 36 psi rear and 34 psi front.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2019, 02:23:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by Pedro [+]
In my opinion the z900 is not a sport or hypersport bike but more a sport touring bike.

Interesting and people definietly have  different opinions but sport touring didnt come to my mind

Offline Pedro

• Z900 Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2019, 03:48:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
Interesting and people definietly have  different opinions but sport touring didnt come to my mind
I agree with that, i said more sport touring than Sport or Hypersport but is not really a sport touring. Mine previous BMW K1300S yes, was a sport touring, almost a Hypersport :028:.

Offline Pedro

• Z900 Member
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2019, 03:54:22 PM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
You will be very happy with them. I run them at 36 psi rear and 34 psi front.
Thank you for posting that Zed, i will keep that in mind. Actually that's the pressure i use for the Dunlops.