Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z900 ECU Flash  (Read 22254 times)

Offline 2 Wheel DynoWorks

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Kirkland, WA.
Re: Z900 ECU Flash
Reply #50 on: October 09, 2018, 07:40:56 PM
*Originally Posted by riptide_wave [+]
As of now stock, but I want to do a full system then have you all flash my ECU. I was looking at getting the Akrapovic headers with the Akrapovic Homologated Slip-On (Part # S-K9SO3-HZC), but again I would rather know what you have maps available for, before I purchase a full system. :008:

The Akra header and S-K9SO3-HZC is the highest performing system we have tuned yet! We absolutely have a perfectly built file for that system.

Offline riptide_wave

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Minnesota, USA
Reply #51 on: October 09, 2018, 09:34:44 PM
*Originally Posted by 2 Wheel DynoWorks [+]
The Akra header and S-K9SO3-HZC is the highest performing system we have tuned yet! We absolutely have a perfectly built file for that system.

:152: Guess I have some new parts to buy this winter. Or I may need to wait for the new LeoVince exhausts coming Q1 2019; the LV Pro looks amazing IMO.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/leo-vince-lv-pro-slip-on-exhaust-kawasaki-z900-2017-2018

Offline Vikac

• Z900 Member
Reply #52 on: August 07, 2020, 06:16:13 PM
Hello guys, can anyone have right information about full systems. Can anyone please tell me do i need to remap stock ECU or to buy some fuel unit or I can run full system with stock fuel map with lower performance of course ? I mean if I wouldnt do any remap and install full exhaust will that harm my motorcycle ? Thanks in advance.

Offline 2 Wheel DynoWorks

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Kirkland, WA.
Reply #53 on: August 07, 2020, 06:44:08 PM
*Originally Posted by Vikac [+]
Hello guys, can anyone have right information about full systems. Can anyone please tell me do i need to remap stock ECU or to buy some fuel unit or I can run full system with stock fuel map with lower performance of course ? I mean if I wouldnt do any remap and install full exhaust will that harm my motorcycle ? Thanks in advance.

Is it NECESSARY? No.
Does it make any sense to spend several hundred, if not over a thousand, dollars on an exhaust system without proper fuel and ignition mapping to accompany it? No.

The bike will, to put it simply, run smoother, stronger and cooler throughout the entire RPM range with our custom mapping for your specific system flashed into the ECU!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #54 on: September 25, 2020, 08:50:00 PM
Lol, after not getting an answer to my question about how much is too much on timing advance due to 2 Wheel Dyno Works guarding their numbers, I googled to see if I could find an answer and ended up back where the question started :157:

Simply want to know if the mail in service here in the UK, which is advancing timing at the top end by 6-7 degrees is too high in their opinion. Dont need to know what their numbers are, just if thats too much or acceptable in their professional opinion. Dont even want a comparison to their map, just if they think those numbers are safe?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #55 on: September 25, 2020, 10:58:58 PM
First of all, ign timing specs are rarely given for a couple reasons. It's a trade advantage and so they are not willing to show you their cards. How much timing depends on all the conditions (fuel map, weather, gas, specific engine condition, ect). You can get more aggressive with timing if the fuel map is more on the rich side (since fuel is cooling the combustion), but fuel doesn't fix a too aggressive timing table. If you run lean and mean (as the saying goes), you will need to be more careful with timing than if you run a very conservative (fat) fuel map (due to increased exh temp).

Bottom line, how a tuner reaches their target can be done differently between tuners. So a simple answer is kind of hard to do. It's not realistic to ask company A about company B specs. All I can say, +6 or +7 degrees is far more than I would have thought would be safe for this motor. When it comes to laptop tuning, most my experience is with boosted engines and we generally remove (retard) ignition timing (and cam timing)  :163:

ps. Do you guys have E10 or no ethanol at pumps?

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #56 on: September 26, 2020, 03:38:16 AM
Think its E5 here.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Z900GERM

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: CAMBRIA(CEN-COAST)
Reply #57 on: October 17, 2020, 04:56:28 AM
What type of gains do you think one would get with a full system?

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
Reply #58 on: October 17, 2020, 05:29:07 AM
*Originally Posted by Z900GERM [+]
What type of gains do you think one would get with a full system?
.                        Gains may not be a huge difference but your losing a lot of weight and if tuned properly your bike will be at its best performance wise. So gain a few hp when properly done and better power to weight ratio by shedding those unwanted pounds!