Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What's your hat?  (Read 4067 times)

Offline Arctodus

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 2018
  • Town / City: City Bell
Re: What's your hat?
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2018, 04:28:38 PM »
Hi! My current helmet is a Shark Evoline 3, it is a good helmet for a daily use, but is very noisy to use in long distance and7or high speed. I am looking for  recommendations on quiet and light helmet with affordable price...

Offline superpig

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2018, 05:02:31 PM »
Any helmet is quiet with a decent set of ear plugs.
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Offline Swinging_Nuts

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 17 Z900
  • Town / City: Houston
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2018, 05:07:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
Any helmet is quiet with a decent set of ear plugs.
+1
$20-$30 set of earplugs are much more cost efficient than a $600 helmet. Plus earplugs are highly recommended for long term hearing anyway

Offline superpig

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Yorkshire
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2018, 07:46:23 PM »
I damaged my hearing when I first started riding on the roads at 17. I massively regret not using ear plugs. I'm only 31 but my hearing took a real battering until I was in my early to mid 20s and it dawned on me that maybe the ringing in my ears probably shouldn't be ignored. :138: :138: :138:

So my advice would be buy a helmet based on fit and comfort, then invest in some quality ear plugs to address any noise requirements.
I can highly recommend either the R&G DIY moulded or Held pinlock earplugs. Both work really well but I currently use the Held plugs based on the comfort on longer rides.
ZXR400 / ZX6R / ZX10R / Z900

www.instagram.com/motomatt46

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2018, 09:50:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by superpig [+]
I damaged my hearing when I first started riding on the roads at 17. I massively regret not using ear plugs. I'm only 31 but my hearing took a real battering until I was in my early to mid 20s and it dawned on me that maybe the ringing in my ears probably shouldn't be ignored. :138: :138: :138:

So my advice would be buy a helmet based on fit and comfort, then invest in some quality ear plugs to address any noise requirements.
I can highly recommend either the R&G DIY moulded or Held pinlock earplugs. Both work really well but I currently use the Held plugs based on the comfort on longer rides.

:460:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline stroh

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: z900, cx500 cafe
  • Town / City: bay city
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2018, 03:19:21 PM »
Those Held pinlock earplugs looks exactly like the Crescendo Moto earplugs I bought off Amazon.  Same style of plug and the filter in the plug has the exact same marking as the Held plug.  The Crescendo is $4 cheaper and comes with a key ring case.

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2018, 05:59:57 PM »
My most recent purchase was an HJC IS-17. $179 US. Not the most quiet but it has a Five Star Sharp rating. Which equals the best.

My other lid is the Bell RS-1. It is nicer and better for high speed smoothness. I bought a brand new RS-1 in last years design for $179 US also.

Offline Davis_man

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Mount Sterling
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2018, 03:50:03 AM »
For earplugs I use Earasers. I can't recommend them enough. All of the loud stuff is gone, but you can still hear things. Plus they work great with my cardo packtalk.

The only issue with them is that they can become discolored after time. Instead of buying a new pair, you can buy a new housing. I think you get 2 housings for $20.

Offline Swinging_Nuts

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2018, 03:27:08 AM »
After reading talks input on stepping up to a legit helmet... I searched and found a steal for a RF1200 with wear marks consistent with trying on and taking off on amazon. BS, this helmet is immaculate! :)
$340 shipped for a new lid.

Scorpion r410 has very similar spring loaded shield locking mechanism, but the scorpion always allowed the slightest amount of air through creating a whilstlig sound. NOT the case with the Shoei.
I do like the liner materials more on scorpion, they feel more comfortable, thicker, more.... durable.?
Shoei fit is spot freaking on. Size M at 22.5in. Only issue I have is that i feel a tiny bit of pressure on the top of my head.
The anthracite finish is super slick as well. Very similar to a metalic gunmetal grey.
Now that I have my first proper fitting helmet... as others said. I will not go back!

Offline Swinging_Nuts

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2018, 11:03:15 PM »
Now that I have my first proper fitting helmet... as others said. I will not go back!

Maybe I spoke too soon... anybody else have buffeting issues with the RF1200.?
Took an hour ride today and immediately as I reach 100mph my heads shakes so violently I feel like its going to fall off. I ran up to 115 to see if it would go away but it did not. This happened wether I was behind another vehicle or in the clear.
Any advice.? Im currently running the stock windscreen