Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What's your hat?  (Read 5176 times)

Offline stuartho

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
Re: What's your hat?
« Reply #60 on: January 10, 2019, 12:38:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by Simoncrp [+]
That's the million $ question. Is a $500 helmet safer than a $100 one. Or are you just paying for the brand name and the research that has gone in to it to make it quieter, lighter etc. But from a safety perspective are they al much of a muchness? At the end of the day, all the helmet is made from is polystyrene.

Maybe this video will help answer that question.

And this one is useful too.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 12:42:06 PM by stuartho »
Stay upright!

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Bham
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2019, 02:25:30 AM »
I picked up this HJC IS-17 same time I bought the Z. I like the matte black with the red lines which match the colors of the bike. Also really like the one-touch integrated sun shield, not only helps protect from sunlight but makes you look like a fighter pilot.  :008:  :062:

Offline Shayne31

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Charlotte, NC
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2019, 02:38:05 AM »
I got this guy on clearance a year or so ago. Icon Airframe Halo Pro.  Full carbon, and I love the color way. I use a smoked shield. I don't like people being able to see my eyes, for whatever reason.

« Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 02:40:16 AM by Shayne31 »
The fearless may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Offline bikebit

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Fort Mill, SC
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2019, 04:46:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by Simoncrp [+]
That's the million $ question. Is a $500 helmet safer than a $100 one. Or are you just paying for the brand name and the research that has gone in to it to make it quieter, lighter etc. But from a safety perspective are they al much of a muchness? At the end of the day, all the helmet is made from is polystyrene.

I'm looking forward to the new FIM MotoGP standard:

https://www.cycleworld.com/fim-announces-new-motogp-helmet-standard

Hopefully it will trickle down to street helmets, as it sounds like the most stringent of all tests. The need for FIM to have to do this also speaks to the lack of sufficient testing and varied levels of safety even at the highest level.  I will also only buy major brands, as at least they have R&D funds to try to develop a  good helmet.