Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !



Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clip on adapter plates  (Read 5328 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mastiff71

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 26
  • Town / City: Weatherford
  • Country: us
Clip on adapter plates
on: September 01, 2018, 07:55:11 PM
Has anyone on here tried them?  What kind of change did you notice with the ergonomics?  Any feedback, or vendor recommendations are appreciated!!  Thanks in advance!

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2616
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
  • Country: england
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 08:06:47 PM
Clip-on adaptor plates?
I've heard of clip-on bow ties and clip-on handlebars but this is new territory for me.
Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Mastiff71

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 26
  • Town / City: Weatherford
  • Country: us
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #2 on: September 01, 2018, 08:41:49 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Clip-on adaptor plates?
I've heard of clip-on bow ties and clip-on handlebars but this is new territory for me.

Me too Cazzy!!  Basically, there's a plate that bolts on where your handlebar risers are, they have a nub on each end that a traditional clip on mount attaches too.  They you slide the bars in there like a traditional clip on would slide into. 

Offline Mastiff71

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 26
  • Town / City: Weatherford
  • Country: us
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #3 on: September 01, 2018, 08:46:55 PM


Like this!

Offline Cazzy_R

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2616
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Merseyside/W Lancs.
  • Country: england
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #4 on: September 01, 2018, 10:11:33 PM
Well that's me educated.

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline Mastiff71

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 26
  • Town / City: Weatherford
  • Country: us
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #5 on: September 01, 2018, 10:34:59 PM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Well that's me educated.

Lol

Offline quantum

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 555
  • fine, i admit it, i'm a squid
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Navarre FL
  • Country: us
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #6 on: September 25, 2019, 01:55:56 AM
WARNING: NECROPOST!!!!!!!

i can't take the stock bars anymore. i rotated them back/down as far as possible and, probably because i have some wrist problems, my right hand goes numb after about 15 minutes of riding. i've ridden other motorcycles (harleys, and sportbikes with clip-ons) and don't have this problem. the angle(s) of the stock bars just happens to be at the worst possible angle(s) for me.

so this guy (https://imgur.com/gallery/qBmXkca) put chinese clip-ons on his z900 and i am totally digging the look/angle and thinking of pulling the trigger.

convince me yay or nay.

if "yay", should i get black, titanium, or gold? i have the black/grey model with green frame (i.e. the best one).

......and go!
Youth always tries to fill the void, an old man learns to live with it.

IG: @moar_beard

Offline quantum

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 555
  • fine, i admit it, i'm a squid
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Navarre FL
  • Country: us
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 02:02:26 AM
reference pics:





Youth always tries to fill the void, an old man learns to live with it.

IG: @moar_beard

Offline zed9

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • *
  • Posts: 4333
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #8 on: September 25, 2019, 04:59:31 AM
*Originally Posted by quantum [+]
WARNING: NECROPOST!!!!!!!

i can't take the stock bars anymore. i rotated them back/down as far as possible and, probably because i have some wrist problems, my right hand goes numb after about 15 minutes of riding. i've ridden other motorcycles (harleys, and sportbikes with clip-ons) and don't have this problem. the angle(s) of the stock bars just happens to be at the worst possible angle(s) for me.

so this guy (https://imgur.com/gallery/qBmXkca) put chinese clip-ons on his z900 and i am totally digging the look/angle and thinking of pulling the trigger.

convince me yay or nay.

if "yay", should i get black, titanium, or gold? i have the black/grey model with green frame (i.e. the best one).

......and go!
I'd go with a black plate and gold bars if possible.

Online porkchop

  • Z900 Master
  • ****
  • Posts: 554
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
  • Country: us
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #9 on: September 25, 2019, 11:15:59 AM
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I'd go with a black plate and gold bars if possible.

Nah, the blue bars are tits!   :001: :152:
"The ride is the reason"