Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Clip on adapter plates  (Read 5330 times)

Offline quantum

• Z900 Master
  • fine, i admit it, i'm a squid
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Navarre FL
Re: Clip on adapter plates
Reply #20 on: September 28, 2019, 10:38:20 AM
*Originally Posted by ligglo [+]
Hi! I'm the one that made the imgur album linked above! I 10/10 love them, and hated the bike's riding ergos before the swap. The bars are hollow and feel like aluminium, but I haven't noticed any additional vibrations or weakness from the bars. If youre on the fence I would say do it. I also came from a GSXR600 so I may be biased, but supersport ergos are more comfortable for me than upright.
Where did you buy them? (there are a million different vendors for what may or may not be the same set)
Youth always tries to fill the void, an old man learns to live with it.

IG: @moar_beard

Offline KellyL

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900, W800, RS250
Reply #21 on: September 28, 2019, 11:52:09 AM
I saw these things on eBay a few months ago when I was searching for handlebars. There's no information on these listings on what they're made of. It could be anything between pot recycled aluminium to 7005 billet. Pretty critical info for such an important component. Personally I'd keep these well away from my own bike.
Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 11:54:50 AM by KellyL

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #22 on: September 28, 2019, 03:13:18 PM
*Originally Posted by KellyL [+]
I saw these things on eBay a few months ago when I was searching for handlebars. There's no information on these listings on what they're made of. It could be anything between pot recycled aluminium to 7005 billet. Pretty critical info for such an important component. Personally I'd keep these well away from my own bike.
+1

Offline ligglo

• Z900 Member
Reply #23 on: September 29, 2019, 09:05:58 AM
*Originally Posted by quantum [+]
Where did you buy them? (there are a million different vendors for what may or may not be the same set)
I got mine from aliexpress. I added a link on the imgur album in the comments last night when I noticed someone asked there. As far as the other post where someone mentioned that there was no info on the materials, that is true. I gave them a good smack around before I was comfortable with em. I put them in a vice and applied much more force than I would in actual use, and there was no damage. At the end of the day they are a standard size, so one could replace the bars with ones they trusted more.

Offline Void03

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900
Reply #24 on: August 31, 2021, 07:43:36 PM
For those who have them, do you have any issue with the bars hitting the tank at full lock? Hows the build quality?