Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Headers  (Read 11559 times)

Offline Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
Re: New Headers
« Reply #110 on: January 27, 2019, 12:09:19 PM »
That's exactly what I got but I'm wondering do the inserts effect power?
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
« Reply #111 on: January 27, 2019, 12:55:58 PM »
Seems counterproductive to me. Go to all that trouble to get shot of the supposedly restrictive stock exhaust and then shove a glorified pan scrub up the chuff of your free flowing full system.
At least it will look good down at the pub.🤑
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #112 on: January 27, 2019, 01:33:09 PM »
LoL 😂😂😂

Offline zoom

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Lafayette, IN
« Reply #113 on: January 27, 2019, 02:16:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
ive noticed increase, i was able to pop a wheelie on 3rd gear, going around 100km/h.   but ive reverted then back to stock headers, and was not able to repeat the same trick

Why did you revert back to stock?

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
« Reply #114 on: January 27, 2019, 02:28:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by zoom [+]
Why did you revert back to stock?

1) cops. I like to wheelie, but here penalty 2yrs off licence and fine 800-1500eur. With the full exhaust, any cop hear you mile away
2) didnt like the vibrations in the footpegs and to handlebars

Offline univex

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900 2017
« Reply #115 on: August 12, 2019, 01:34:04 PM »
Hi guys,

I've been reading this topic a few times because I think I might go for the chinese headers (aliexpress). Don't want to mess up the forum to much by creating a new topic, so that's why I'm kicking up this topic.

Saw a few users here who already fitted them. How's the exhaust after a few months of riding? Is the quality really that good?

For now I have a slip on from SC project, the SC1-R. Got the baffle out and still missing a nice sound. Gaining torque or HP's is not the main reason for choosing the chinese header, so if the gains are not big, that's not a problem. I just want to know if this header would be a nice option and has enough quality for my purpose. I'm only riding in warm and nice weather and don't drive a lot of miles.

Hope that somebody can give me some advise.

Thanks! :152:

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
« Reply #116 on: August 12, 2019, 02:06:29 PM »
Hi, everything is fine with headers, done nearly 1000km with them fitted. Been a monent when i tired of loudness and put back oem headers. But few days ago i went back full ex route, but using 2 db killers. Now loudness acceptable, while hard accelerate.
On idle its hardly noticable.

Offline univex

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900 2017
« Reply #117 on: August 13, 2019, 08:32:25 PM »
*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
Hi, everything is fine with headers, done nearly 1000km with them fitted. Been a monent when i tired of loudness and put back oem headers. But few days ago i went back full ex route, but using 2 db killers. Now loudness acceptable, while hard accelerate.
On idle its hardly noticable.

Nice!

Is there a modification needed for the air intake? I saw a guy on YouTube blocking his AIS hoses with vacuum caps. I've heard that this is neccessary to stop the backfires right? But, is this a must? Maybe I do like the popping sound, heheh. If it isn't a must I first wanna give it a try without modding the air intake.

When reading the forum I also saw an option to block the AIS with block off plates, that must be the proper option but vacuum caps must have the same effect as the block off plates?

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
« Reply #118 on: August 13, 2019, 08:38:17 PM »
Putting caps on or blocking ais will eliminate backfire.  But as i said, i have db killer , so there is isnt much of backfire left, just sometimes i can hear. I didnt blocked anything

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
« Reply #119 on: August 15, 2019, 08:47:42 AM »