Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: New Headers  (Read 13044 times)

Offline Flyingraptor

• Z900 Member
Re: New Headers
« Reply #140 on: August 22, 2019, 03:08:11 PM »
I also had the impression that the CAT is still in place with this link pipe.
I wonder if the performance package Akrapovic slip-on would fit on this pipe, still using its original hanger bracket?

Offline univex

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900 2017
« Reply #141 on: August 23, 2019, 07:01:55 AM »
Received my headers yesterday. As far I can see the quality is OK. Didn't had much time to do much on the bike but I started to try to loose the bolts of the original header, but didn't had success with that. I just can't get the bolt of the breadbox hanger loose...

Seems that my 4-day gymroutine isn't enough to replace a header of the Z900 :173:

This weekend I will try to heat up the bolt in case of loctite. I hope Kawasaki didn’t overtorqued the bolt because if it’s stuck on that location it will be a nasty job…
Anybody had issues with this?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 07:33:41 AM by univex »

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900ABS
  • Town / City: Round Rock
MTC link pipe
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2019, 08:27:23 PM »
Has anyone that bought or thinking of getting the MTC link pipe noticed in pic it looks like its missing the bracket that connects to where the breadbox used to mount? I only noticed the 2 brackets to attach heat shield. Also if you are or have used this link pipe what are your opions of it? It looks quality and no ugly welds. Thanks for any info you can offer. ✌
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 08:35:13 PM by Led Zed 70 »

Online RR

• Z900 Pro
Re: MTC link pipe
« Reply #143 on: August 25, 2019, 08:42:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by Led Zed 70 [+]
Has anyone that bought or thinking of getting the MTC link pipe noticed in pic it looks like its missing the bracket that connects to where the breadbox used to mount? I only noticed the 2 brackets to attach heat shield. Also if you are or have used this link pipe what are your opions of it? It looks quality and no ugly welds. Thanks for any info you can offer. ✌

I doubt the bracket is needed considering the 0,7kg of the pipe compared to the 4,33kg of the breadbox.

Online Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
Re: MTC link pipe
« Reply #144 on: August 25, 2019, 08:44:33 PM »
Give them a call. They are quite friendly on the phone.
Let us know if you end up purchasing one

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Member
« Reply #145 on: August 25, 2019, 10:27:59 PM »
Good idea they seem like a good company. Just would be nice to have a bracket there also especially when changing out just the muffler. Thanks. ✌

Online Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
« Reply #146 on: August 25, 2019, 10:41:13 PM »
Good idea they seem like a good company. Just would be nice to have a bracket there also especially when changing out just the muffler. Thanks. ✌
Tomorrow (Monday) is Bank Holiday here in the UK so they'll probably be closed.

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Member
« Reply #147 on: August 25, 2019, 11:07:50 PM »
GTK. Thanks

Offline univex

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: Z900 2017
« Reply #148 on: August 27, 2019, 08:18:55 AM »
Finished my headers yesterday evening. DB-killer is in the exhaust tip of my SC-project SC1R because it's freaking loud.

After a quick test I'm not really satisfied... The sound is way better but it seems like the gas reaction is a bit slower and the torque is lower in the lower RPM's, in the higher RPM's i think it's the same. I have to say its popping a lot so maybe it's the AIS which is the problem. I will get it blocked in the next few days. I will do this bij blocking the hose.

Anyone experienced te same like this? I think it's running quite rich so maybe a tune is needed? Or is there no way to get the toque back in the lower RPM's like OEM?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:27:12 AM by univex »

Offline Led Zed 70

• Z900 Member
« Reply #149 on: August 27, 2019, 08:44:41 AM »
Man that sucks, sorry! I havent really heard of anybody having that issue when changing out exhaust on the z. Dumb question but you plugged the oxygen sensor back in to new headers correct? I havent done mine yet but read a lot about the z not even really having to have tune even though its always best. Someone else with more experience will chime in and get you on the right path Im sure. Good luck and let us know what you figure out.