Author OBD2 connector  (Read 28647 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1268
    • *****
      #20

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1268
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #20 on: Sep 28, 2022, 02.27 pm
    Sep 28, 2022, 02.27 pm
    *Originally Posted by vilhelmsson [+]
    Yes!
    I saw your earlier post.
    Check that your scanner can read the KWP2000 protocol that Kawasaki is using.

    What scanner and cable are you using?

    Wont tell you the model, it was in some garage i visited.
    So now im keep looking to buy one that will work for me. But all the sellers responds that not supporting kswasaki.
    Now i found same as yours on ali, looks the same. Sent a question to seller just for fun

  • Offline vilhelmsson   se

    • Z900 Junior Member  ‐    6
    • *
      #21

    Offline vilhelmsson

    • Z900 Junior Member
    • *
    • Posts: 6
    • Bike: Z900 -20
    • Country: se
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #21 on: Sep 28, 2022, 02.32 pm
    Sep 28, 2022, 02.32 pm
    *Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
    Wont tell you the model, it was in some garage i visited.
    So now im keep looking to buy one that will work for me. But all the sellers responds that not supporting kswasaki.
    Now i found same as yours on ali, looks the same. Sent a question to seller just for fun

    They probably cant tell you if it works on Kawasaki bikes.
    Make sure it can read KWP 2000 protocol.
    This is widely used and not only for Kawasaki.

    If you google OBDII and KWP 2000 you should find one that works.

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1268
    • *****
      #22

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1268
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #22 on: Sep 28, 2022, 02.41 pm
    Sep 28, 2022, 02.41 pm
    *Originally Posted by vilhelmsson [+]
    They probably cant tell you if it works on Kawasaki bikes.
    Make sure it can read KWP 2000 protocol.
    This is widely used and not only for Kawasaki.

    If you google OBDII and KWP 2000 you should find one that works.

    Thanks!

    P.s.  how do you think ? 26,30  50%OFF | Code Reader V310 OBD Car Scanner Universal Auto Engine Diagnostic Tools 2022 OBD2 Scan Engine Fault Diagnostic Tool  motorcycle
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMzFdwo

  • Offline vilhelmsson   se

    • Z900 Junior Member  ‐    6
    • *
      #23

    Offline vilhelmsson

    • Z900 Junior Member
    • *
    • Posts: 6
    • Bike: Z900 -20
    • Country: se
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #23 on: Sep 28, 2022, 02.43 pm
    Sep 28, 2022, 02.43 pm
    *Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
    Thanks!

    P.s.  how do you think ? 26,30  50%OFF | Code Reader V310 OBD Car Scanner Universal Auto Engine Diagnostic Tools 2022 OBD2 Scan Engine Fault Diagnostic Tool  motorcycle
    https://a.aliexpress.com/_mMzFdwo

    That should work, it supports KWP (Keyword Protocol)
    You also have the adapter?

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1268
    • *****
      #24

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1268
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #24 on: Sep 28, 2022, 03.51 pm
    Sep 28, 2022, 03.51 pm
    *Originally Posted by vilhelmsson [+]
    That should work, it supports KWP (Keyword Protocol)
    You also have the adapter?

    Well i do have adapter. I guess its good

  • Offline Labaz   kz

    • Z900 Junior Member  ‐    7
    • *
      #25

    Offline Labaz

    • Z900 Junior Member
    • *
    • Posts: 7
    • Town / City: Atyrau
    • Country: kz
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #25 on: Mar 19, 2023, 02.02 am
    Mar 19, 2023, 02.02 am
    *Originally Posted by vilhelmsson [+]
    They probably cant tell you if it works on Kawasaki bikes.
    Make sure it can read KWP 2000 protocol.
    This is widely used and not only for Kawasaki.

    If you google OBDII and KWP 2000 you should find one that works.

    Can you tell me how the wires are located on this adapter, I would like to connect wires to obd2?

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1268
    • *****
      #26

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1268
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #26 on: Mar 19, 2023, 07.58 am
    Mar 19, 2023, 07.58 am
    *Originally Posted by Labaz [+]
    Can you tell me how the wires are located on this adapter, I would like to connect wires to obd2?


  • Offline Labaz   kz

    • Z900 Junior Member  ‐    7
    • *
      #27

    Offline Labaz

    • Z900 Junior Member
    • *
    • Posts: 7
    • Town / City: Atyrau
    • Country: kz
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #27 on: Mar 19, 2023, 09.21 am
    Mar 19, 2023, 09.21 am
    Thanks bro, but this video is not for my z900, I have a 2020 release))

  • Offline MZ900   lt

    • Z900 God  ‐    1268
    • *****
      #28

    Offline MZ900

    • Z900 God
    • *****
    • Posts: 1268
    • Bike: Z900
    • Town / City: Klaipeda
    • Country: lt
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #28 on: Mar 19, 2023, 09.46 am
    Mar 19, 2023, 09.46 am
    *Originally Posted by Labaz [+]
    Thanks bro, but this video is not for my z900, I have a 2020 release))

    I very doubt that the connectors can vary. Have checked?

  • Offline 3alfa3   hr

    • Z900 Master  ‐    873
    • ****
      #29

    Offline 3alfa3

    • Z900 Master
    • ****
    • Posts: 873
    • Bike: 2020 Z900
    • Town / City: Zagreb
    • Country: hr
    Re: OBD2 connector
    Reply #29 on: Jan 27, 2024, 02.31 pm
    Jan 27, 2024, 02.31 pm
    Bought this 2 items on Aliexpress and it works perfectly on my 2020 Z900 (EU model with 6pin red OBD2 connector). Tried with Torque Pro app and with Car Scanner ELM OBD2 PRO (which i prefer).

    My 2020 z900 uses ISO 14230-4 KWP (fast baud init, 10.4 kbaud) OBD2 protocol.

    adapter/cable: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003057542200.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.10.77ed1802A5mZol
    OBD2 scanner (bluetooth 3.0 for Android in my case): https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005005065054764.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.5.77ed1802A5mZol





    Last Edit: Jan 27, 2024, 02.43 pm by 3alfa3

     



    rockbound