Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Standard headers  (Read 2367 times)

Online Simoncrp

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: LONDON
Re: Standard headers
« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2018, 11:48:01 AM »
*Originally Posted by lesz900 [+]
I donít think there will be a problem a lot of dealers are fitting decat headers to new bikes before they leave the showroom without even  remapping ,this isnít changing the fueling as the cat is still in place itís a case of removing a regulated Eu silencer to get a bit of noise out of the bike and as you say Iíve got a standard system to put back on if I have a problem .
Iíve come from  a z1000 with plenty of exhaust noise the 900 was to quiet.
Iíll try and upload the exhaust sound I have put my Leo Vince can on now so itís. a bit louder than the standard can
Can I ask why you 'downgraded' from a Z1000 to a Z900? Or do you have both still?

Offline lesz900

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
Re: Standard headers
« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2018, 12:35:12 PM »
I wanted something lighter as where i park my bike in my shed at the rear of my house  it is so awkward to get in it was hard work with the z1000  the 900 is much lighter and i am no spring chicken at 55 you start too feel it.
The z1000 was a 2009 with 4500 miles the price they offered me to change i could not refuse to do a deal it cost me £3200 for the new bike