Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Kawi fan  (Read 3823 times)

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Multiple bikes
  • Town / City: Edmond, OK
Kawi fan
on: June 18, 2017, 01:47:27 PM
Since I'm going to be lurking around this board I thought I would introduce myself. I'm an older guy, not that old, but have been around and have owned many bikes over the years. 20+ in the last ten years or so due to being blessed with a great career.

I am close with several people at the local Kawasaki dealership and have purchased a lot of Kawi's over the last ten years. I still own a 14' 6R for track days and a 05' KDX200 to rip up the dirt with my grand sons. My most recent was the amazing H2, ergos very much like a 10R and just could not ride it for long. But man what a ride, the H2 is amazingly quick. Blasphemy I know, but I sold the H2 to guy that just had to have it and then picked up a BMW S1000R because it is powerful and ergos are much better. I loved the S1R, it too is an amazing bike that runs very well. But then a I got a bug to own and experience a Ducati XDiavel S and now one resides in my garage. I love the Duc but I miss the sound of a high revving four cylinder and the Z900 looks great and is getting great reviews. If the Z800 when it was released would have been the Z900 I would have one now. As it is, until the Duc is paid down I am just going to lurk around this board and plan on the mods I will make to the Z900 when I do pick one up. Looking forward to living vicariously through you guys until then.  :152:a
Technology: Man's ability to make simple things complicated.

Offline Mrfatpocket

• Z900 Pro
  • Optimus Lime
Re: Kawi fan
Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 02:32:02 PM
Welcome aboard! Just go buy the Z9. You know it's only money right?! :)
17 Z900 ABS Lime Green, Battlax T30 Evos, Vagabond tail tidy, Rad guard, OES frame/spool sliders, Bar end mirorrs, EMGO Superbike bars, SC Project CR-T slip on

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #2 on: June 19, 2017, 01:28:06 AM
I keep telling my wife that, she just does not see it that way. Why is it women think so differently. Oh, well it won't belong. I'm not doing many track days anymore so I am selling the 6R and I'll pick up Z9 which I can then take to the track on those occasional times I'm feeling the need for speed while dragging the knees.

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:24:41 AM
*Originally Posted by Mrfatpocket [+]
Welcome aboard! Just go buy the Z9. You know it's only money right?! :)

I've thought about what you said and your right, it's only money. And you can't take it with you, so come Saturday I will be a adding a Z9 to the stable. Looking forward to it, been awhile since having a nice running 4-pot in the garage.  :046:

Offline Mrfatpocket

• Z900 Pro
  • Optimus Lime
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 05:30:35 AM
Atta you! You won't regret it.
17 Z900 ABS Lime Green, Battlax T30 Evos, Vagabond tail tidy, Rad guard, OES frame/spool sliders, Bar end mirorrs, EMGO Superbike bars, SC Project CR-T slip on

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #5 on: July 19, 2017, 02:28:15 AM
Man, you got all the top notch already classic modern bikes. I could never really figure out where the big Diavel fits in with the scheme of things but it's quite a bike and you have the roads for it out there.
 :821:

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #6 on: July 19, 2017, 03:12:41 AM
I'm one of those that likes most things with wheels and a motor. I like to experience as many of them as I can (or that my wife will let me). The XDS is a blast to ride, for a cruiser it has 160 hp and a ton of torque on tap anywhere in the rpm range. It literally will wheelie easily in first and second. Believe it or not it actually handles pretty well and would be pretty fun on the roads you have in your neck of the country.

One of the true classics I have yes to own is the ZRX1200, I can fully understand why you have owned two and still have the second one. I was a huge Freddie Spencer fan and I always loved his rides so It surprises me that I have not purchased a ZRX yet.  Some day I'll add one to my other true classics; 1883 VF750F with only 10k on it and a 1984 Honda Magna V65 with about the same mileage on it.
Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 03:16:59 AM by OKZ

Offline Grazzhopper

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900
  • Town / City: Northwest Sydney
Reply #7 on: July 19, 2017, 10:31:03 AM
OKZ, Have you bought a Z900 yet ????

Offline OKZ

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 12:42:32 PM
*Originally Posted by Grazzhopper [+]
OKZ, Have you bought a Z900 yet ????

I did, I picked up a new all black one a week and half ago. I was going to wait awhile (made an agreement with my wife to not have more than so many bikes in the garage at any one time) but then I just had to have one and the price was right. Have about 225 miles on her now and I'm really enjoying the bike. It may not have all the electronic stuff but it just flat out works well, is very easy and fun to ride. I'm luv'n it!  :082:

Debating on full exhaust or not, I have a couple of bikes with full exhaust and the other day when riding by one of the neighbors their very young boy was outside playing and when he saw me coming he covered his ears until he realized it was not loud. Made me stop and think about what I would really gain from adding the full exhaust. I may add a slip-on for just a little more sound and leave it at that. The bike is quite fun and attention getting just as it is.

Offline zed9

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Reply #9 on: July 19, 2017, 02:44:50 PM
Apparently you can buy an Arrow header and mate it to the stock silencer. Which is unusual but it does give it a unique sound. For such an arrangement I wonder what tuning is needed if any.
Over in the Modification section there is a video showing just such a thing by member BamAustian.

I too like a quiet bike somewhat for courtesy to my neighbors as I live in a tight neighborhood and I get up to ride early. (Though they don't seem to mind their dogs barking at all hours. LOL).
But also I like quiet so the cops don't hear you coming.