Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Diavel AND Z900?  (Read 1417 times)

Offline Vinnie13

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Chicago Burbs
Diavel AND Z900?
on: October 03, 2018, 05:09:06 PM
Hello all! I am a possible future Z owner. Currently I'm riding a 2012 Diavel and a 2016 Harley Low Rider (don't judge me yet). With that being said, I've realized my harley does NOTHING better than the Diavel. The Diavel is even more comfortable, and I can attest to that as I've ridden my Ducati from LA, to Utah, up into Montana, and over to Chicago, in a wonderful cross country roadtrip. the Diavel never missed a beat. rambling over...

I'm trying to sell my Harley now, for something that would be a better stablemate with the Duc. What I'm wondering is, would the Z900 be a good compliment to the Diavel, or is it too close to the same beast? Just trying to gauge reactions. I was also looking at the FZ-09.

Open to any suggestions.

Thanks,

Vinnie
Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 05:11:42 PM by Vinnie13

Offline bikebit

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Fort Mill, SC
Re: Diavel AND Z900?
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 05:39:49 PM
Welcome to the forum. I'm in a similar boat - I have a V-Rod and the Z900, and they compliment each other very well, although V-Rod is definitely slower than the Diavel, so you won't see the power difference. My V-Rod has become my two-up and weekend cruise machine, while the Z is a commuter/spirited ride bike.

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 God
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 06:26:19 PM
I really like the Diavel but certainly not as the only MC.

If you've ridden MX in past and don't plan to take +200 mile trips, I feel the MT-09 would give a larger contrast in type of ride you will get (compared to the big Duc). I wanted to buy Yamaha (FZ/MT-09) but it was too "moto" type ergonomics for what I was looking for.

Since you have a HD, you may be into the retro type of MC...The Kawi Z900RS does that well, just a thought.

FWIW: If I had to decide over again, "I" would still buy the Z900 (if below 1000cc).
SAVE OUR RACECARS! - Support the RPM Act - SEMA.ORG/RPM

Online stuartho

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 09:33:31 PM
I think something like a Z900 or an FZ-09 or a GSX-S1000 would complement the Diavel really well. Any of those three make excellent commuters and spirited riding machines. Youd have the smoother i4 power delivery as a contrast.  It really comes down to which bike you prefer. Try to organise a test ride of each and let us know what you think.

Only ever had a brief ride on a Diavel and loved it. But I crossed it off my list as I could only afford one bike and decided I would lose my licence on the Ducati because it was so much fun to accelebrate around town 😂 That torque rush and Ducati V-Twin sound are intoxicating.

Offline Vinnie13

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Chicago Burbs
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 03:05:07 PM
The Diavel is definitely an angry beast with a grabby throttle... and i love it. I'm looking for something a little sportier, a little lighter and better handling, but can also still "tour" relatively well. I'm 5'5" and i know the Z is a bit lower than the Yamaha so that's a big plus for me.

I'll keep everyone posted.

Thanks,

Vinnie