Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: fork upgrade.  (Read 1515 times)

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
Re: fork upgrade.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2018, 09:40:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by MallyG [+]
Ssk kit on forks to get some feel in. And have ordered a razor r rear shock. As standard one is lacking adjustments.

Cannot wait to hear how that goes, its the same as I am going to do, I have to find out about the SSK pistons at local bike shop to see if they can get them and fit them.
 :305:

Offline MallyG

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Bike: z900 & sprint1050 st
  • Town / City: Newcastle
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2018, 07:39:02 AM »
Forks are back and rear shock. Do all I need to do is fit parts. Having looked at parts the forks look the same tops look to have some adjustments. Rear shock many more adjustments and much more on the spring it self std shock only had three turns before end new shock half way .   Once fitted will comment on ride.  Forks and shock came in at _890
 :152:

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2018, 10:18:13 AM »
Yeah good one MG. Yeah just put all the new parts on, study up on how to adjust everything, or just ask if there is something specific you want to know and one of us here will be able to help you hopefully. Let us know how it goes. I have ordered a K-Tech Razor R as well and cannot wait for it to arrive.

Offline Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:40 PM »
Does the SSK kit require any special tools for installation?
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2018, 07:39:36 PM »
Marco if you read this thread that question will be answered for you, saves a lot of typing.
https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,1083.0.html

Offline Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2018, 09:15:16 PM »
Thanks for the reply but the answer isn't there.  I know when I got the Hyperpro springs a special tool was needed.   I got the dealer to do it because I have 40 years worth of 'one use only' special tools lying about and need another one like I need a hole in my head.
When you input the make, model and year of the bike on the K tech website you get a page with more tools than suspension components.
I prefer to do it myself but the 7500 mile service is coming up so if there's any arsing about involved I'll get them to do it then.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2018, 09:43:24 PM »
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]
Thanks for the reply but the answer isn't there.  I know when I got the Hyperpro springs a special tool was needed.   I got the dealer to do it because I have 40 years worth of 'one use only' special tools lying about and need another one like I need a hole in my head.
When you input the make, model and year of the bike on the K tech website you get a page with more tools than suspension components.
I prefer to do it myself but the 7500 mile service is coming up so if there's any arsing about involved I'll get them to do it then.

It is all in that thread as I discuss everything about how to do the fork pistons and what tools are needed with Forks by Matt, here is one bit for you.

Therein lies the rub. You will need a spring compressor (Traxxion sells one for decent money) or you can make one. ( I made one)  There are videos on YTube. A long reach M8 hex driver and if you're unlucky (because there's locktite on the bolt) a cartridge holder. The Motion Pro one *might* work but it's too short for the FZ09, and I didn't check since I never use anything but the Racetech tool. I've heard that some people have tried a long screw driver to jam into the top but can't vouch for how well that works.

Getting the base valve out isn't so hard (18mm wrench I believe) but to get to the mid-valve you'll need the cartridge holder or take the fluid lock apart (which I would then suggest you just toss).