Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: INSURANCE CRAZINESS  (Read 555 times)

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: INSURANCE CRAZINESS
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2018, 02:51:24 AM »
*Originally Posted by Kcklub [+]
How much are you paying now ??? The reason why my car cost that much was, my ex wife had 2 accident in the same damn year. It was under my name, so I took the hit. Also, if that's the case, why the gsx s750 cost 21xx to insure??
I live in a major city so for liability only I'm paring $175-$225 on my bikes. If I wanted fire and theft plus collision add $1000 to each of those figures.
For the GSX s750 it's probably cursed with the GSXR reputation. There's plenty of those that have crashed.
If they named it the Fluffy 750 the insurance would probably have been cheaper.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2018, 02:53:03 AM by zed9 »

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Member
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2018, 02:54:18 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I live in a major city so for liability only I'm paring $175-$225 on my bikes. If I wanted fire and theft plus collision add $1000 to each of those figures.
For the GSX s750 it's probably cursed with the GSXR reputation. There's plenty of those that have crashed.
If they named it the Fluffy 750 the insurance would probably have been cheaper.

So, if. My bike is caught on fire and stolen, it will not be cover?. 

Online zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2018, 03:03:35 AM »
So, if. My bike is caught on fire and stolen, it will not be cover?.
If you only have liability coverage,  which is damage to someone else's property or person, the bike is not covered for anything. Fire, theft, crash.
And looking at the depreciation and deductible, at $1000 extra per year you will soon be paying for a brand new bike. At least in my city.

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Member
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2018, 03:10:06 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
If you only have liability coverage,  which is damage to someone else's property or person, the bike is not covered for anything. Fire, theft, crash.
And looking at the depreciation and deductible, at $1000 extra per year you will soon be paying for a brand new bike. At least in my city.

Oh, when you say liability , that is the minimum insurance. I  have everything include as I have full coverage. I am only insuring this bike, full coverage, up to 2000 dollars in accessories, towing also. 666.xx USA for a year. You must be young or had some incident ? Lol.

Online zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2018, 01:01:49 PM »
Oh, when you say liability , that is the minimum insurance. I  have everything include as I have full coverage. I am only insuring this bike, full coverage, up to 2000 dollars in accessories, towing also. 666.xx USA for a year. You must be young or had some incident ? Lol.
Young, well, I used to be. I live in Boston, which is a major city. Auto and MC Insurance rates are sky high. If I lived ten miles outside in another town the rates would be substantially lower. That's how the cookie crumbles.
Where do you live?

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Member
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2018, 01:09:45 PM »
I live in the Florida keys. I have been here since 1998. There is only, one way up and one way down roads, and are majority of the our rides. It's actually nice, that riders don't have to worry much about people merging into their lanes.

Online zed9

• Z900 God
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2018, 01:23:48 PM »
I live in the Florida keys. I have been here since 1998. There is only, one way up and one way down roads, and are majority of the our rides. It's actually nice, that riders don't have to worry much about people merging into their lanes.
I'm very familiar with the Keys. I've been going to Florida since forever.
Years ago my brother and I swam between two of the Keys.  :112:
The one with the National Seashore beach on it and the next Key north of it. They looked pretty close together so in we went. The problem was we weren't expecting the tremdous current running between them when we got to the middle. We nearly got swept out to sea. We swam like hell to make it to the other side in a diagonal line, mostly swimming against the current than making any headway. The both of us were totally exhausted when we reached the other Key but we made it.
We decided to walk back on the bridge.

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Member
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2018, 01:33:52 PM »
Wow, you guys are lucky to be alive. I have never attempt any long distance swim . I don't even go in the water now unless I have to. There is a wife and husband, I know that have been stung by a stingray. I, myself almost got stuck by one walking in a foot of water. The seaweeds now are coming in from the wind. It sure does stink but the weather is really cool now.

Offline GatorZ

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: NH
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2018, 01:42:44 AM »
I like to switch insurance companies every two to three years. They seem to get too comfortable in raising rates. I switch between Geico and Amica in the states. I paid $730 for my Z full coverage, in Southern New Hampshire. That I take the Collision off for the winter months basically ends up costing me about 350 of the year

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Member
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2018, 02:05:05 AM »
Went to the dealership today. My original bike, I wanted first was a sv650,sat on it and felt like a toy. Z650 looks better but with that vibration, it's a turn off, sat on a new cb1000r, that thing is so big looking, especially the tank. All the Yamaha Mt seems a bit tall. The gsxs 750 and 1000 seems heavy too . The Z , to. Me , is the best , nice fit and looks the best. Luckily, it was the only big bike that I can afford full coverage on.