Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Glassless mirrors  (Read 3181 times)

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Lohja
Glassless mirrors
« on: December 11, 2018, 08:26:54 PM »
I think I might have found my new mirrors, Motogadget m.view blade or m.view flight. Anyone had these puppies?

https://motogadget.com/shop/en/m-view-flight.html

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Glassless mirrors
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 09:24:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
I think I might have found my new mirrors, Motogadget m.view blade or m.view flight. Anyone had these puppies?

Great find! I like them both. Think I like the style of the blade slightly more than the flight, but the extra width on the flight would probably give you aslightly better view. Cool idea, I wonder if you have to polish them like you do with mirror glass or if you just dry them and theyre good to go?
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 09:28:23 PM »
Just had a look again, the flight are bigger so would give you better view. However, the price you see is per mirror, meaning 198 euros for a pair, PLUS shipping!!!!
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2018, 10:04:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Just had a look again, the flight are bigger so would give you better view. However, the price you see is per mirror, meaning 198 euros for a pair, PLUS shipping!!!!

Yes I know the price is per mirror, it's similar to CRG Arrow or Rizoma Reverse Retro. Mirrors are more important than let's say exhaust (that is more expensive). 198 + delivery n EUR investment to safety is not that much.

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2018, 08:22:57 PM »
I pulled the trigger and ordered "MOTOGADGET M.VIEW BLADE" mirrors (https://www.caferacerwebshop.com/en/mview-blade.html). By the way, the gap in the RhinoMoto bar ends is 11 mm, so the "m.view flight" will not fit (having a 12 mm clamp width).

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:56 PM »
By the way, the gap in the RhinoMoto bar ends is 11 mm, so the "m.view flight" will not fit (having a 12 mm clamp width).

Nooooooooooooo!  :157:
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2018, 08:03:45 AM »
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Nooooooooooooo!  :157:

And the 'funny' thing is that the clamp width for the 'M. VIEW FLIGHT' is stated incorrectly (8 mm) in the caferacerwebshop.com site for example. In the manufacturer's own site it says 12 mm (https://motogadget.com/shop/de/m-view-flight.html). I'd guess the manufacturer knows their product best. I had to double check the gap width in the RhinoMoto bar end, just in case, I might have been a bit wasted last night when I measured it  :821: But the judgement remains, it's about 11 mm (11.3 mm or so).

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2018, 09:19:51 AM »
Looking forward to seeing them fitted to the bike :028:

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2018, 03:41:42 AM »
I can't get my head around a polished aluminum mirror but those things are beautiful and I'll bet vibe free.
I like the 'view sport' or 'view race' on the stems.

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2019, 01:38:05 AM »

Have you bought them yet? If so, what do you think?

I emailed the company through their link and asked about warranty about corrosion but they have not got back to me.
If I get them it will be the stem mounts.