Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: K-Tech Razor R Installed...  (Read 4320 times)

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: K-Tech Razor R Installed...
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2019, 07:30:51 PM »
Ok, now that I’ve got my shock installed, a question for the UK riders among you who have fitted theirs. What difference, if any, did it make to your insurance premiums when you told them about the new shock? Got to tell my insurer tomorrow and trying to brace myself for having my pants pulled down and being dry shafted by the thieving bastards!
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2019, 08:05:43 PM »
Dunno. I've only ever declared mods at renewal. I declare it before the event if I'm doing soon. Making changes to an existing policy is an opportunity for extortion that they can't resist but at renewal they just want your business.
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2019, 08:40:28 PM »
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Dunno. I've only ever declared mods at renewal. I declare it before the event if I'm doing soon. Making changes to an existing policy is an opportunity for extortion that they can't resist but at renewal they just want your business.

That’s ok if you’re near the end of the policy, but mine is only about 2 months old. That means 10 months where if anything happens, the shock won’t be covered. They’ve already shafted me once since taking the policy out, picked up 3 points for parking on zigzag lines. Declared them and it cost me an extra £90 - £58 for the points and a £32 admin fee. The real kick in the teeth was that it happened 2 days after taking out the policy and it was my truck I drive for work that got me the points. Tried to get out of the way to allow traffic to keep moving but the last 8ft of my 52ft truck was on the lines.
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2019, 08:53:13 PM »
 Like I said "declare it before the event".
If you had declared the shock 2 months ago (you've been planning it at least that long) it wouldn't have cost you a penny more.
No insurer ever asked me the manufacturer's name model or value of any of my accessories so "aftermarket shock absorber" should suffice.  :431:
Cazzy_R

Online Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2019, 09:20:31 PM »
That's about the height of it.  They are money grabbing bastards.  I was with kawasaki insurance last year and declaring the mods added a ridiculous amount to the premium.
Went to MCE and got better cover after declaring the mods at less cost than kawasaki were looking for the standard bike.  Curiously enough MCE's website wouldn't give me a quote but if I went through a comparison site which directed me onto the MCE site I got a quote.
The only downside I can see with MCE is a fairly hefty excess.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2019, 09:31:40 PM »
Yup.
Run online quote without mods on a comparison site.
Get the best deal and then ring the insurer and have a conversation about non standard bits you have installed.
Cazzy_R

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2019, 10:21:52 PM »
Got everything else declared though all the mods I’ve done so far fall into the “accepted modifications” category. Currently insured with Bennett’s and they’ve got a list of 15 mods that they accept as standard, plus you can add an additional 3 that aren’t on the list before it starts costing money. That said, checked online and insurers generally class suspension upgrades as a comfort/safety upgrade so it shouldn’t make much odds to the price of the policy. Won’t stop them charging an admin fee though. That pisses me off, how can they justify a £32 charge for clicking a check box next to “suspension upgrades - yes/no”.

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2019, 07:44:39 AM »
What gets me is you are making something safer with mods like suspension, tyres etc etc, and they charge you more, they should be charging less.  :157:

Online Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2019, 08:50:12 AM »
+1
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Online RobZ900

• Z900 God
« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2019, 09:37:11 AM »
All done. Cost me an extra £110 including the dreaded £32 amendment fee :232: