Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 117 kg settings  (Read 399 times)

Online zeta

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Lohja
117 kg settings
« on: December 28, 2018, 04:41:43 PM »
Weight with the gear some 117 kg.
Rear: 10 turns in, free sag 7 mm, rider sag 38 mm ( the first measurement was 33 mm, but it changed for some reason, multiple measurements), this is a compromise to still have some free sag.
Front: all in, free 22 mm, rider 44 mm, there is nothing that can be done with the oem suspension.

I'll revisit this later when I have been able to ride the bike, that means 2.5 months at least.

Offline Scim77

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Pulborough
Re: 117 kg settings
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2018, 06:20:19 PM »
Surely you can increase the front pre-load slightly and tweak the rebound as required? Even the stock front suspension has adjusters to alter both of these.
Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that falls over when it stops?

Online zeta

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2018, 07:14:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by Scim77 [+]
Surely you can increase the front pre-load slightly and tweak the rebound as required? Even the stock front suspension has adjusters to alter both of these.

No, the front is 'all in' as I said, the pre-load and rebound are both at the max setting. It is what it is. The only way to adjust the front end is to lose weight (that is not a bad idea...).

Online JohnCW

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Sydney
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2018, 10:41:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
rider sag 38 mm ( the first measurement was 33 mm, but it changed for some reason, multiple measurements), this is a compromise to still have some free sag.

Expect the sag measurement to be different every-time you measure it, that's normal, and caused by 'stiction' (static friction).  That's why the 'Race Tech' method of taking the average of two measurements (one allowing the bike to fall to rest, and the other from rising to rest) is a much more accurate method. 

The difference between the two measurements is the amount of stiction in the suspension, and a number with knowing. 

Offline Scim77

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Pulborough
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 09:32:57 AM »
No, the front is 'all in' as I said, the pre-load and rebound are both at the max setting. It is what it is. The only way to adjust the front end is to lose weight (that is not a bad idea...).

Hmm. Sorry 'zeta'.  I understand. As you say, its either lose weight or fit stronger springs. You are roughly twice my weight!  If it is some incentive towards your weight loss, I can confirm that my bike accelerates like stink with just me onboard!  :038:
Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that falls over when it stops?

Online zeta

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2018, 09:48:00 AM »
*Originally Posted by Scim77 [+]
Hmm. Sorry 'zeta'.  I understand. As you say, its either lose weight or fit stronger springs. You are roughly twice my weight!  If it is some incentive towards your weight loss, I can confirm that my bike accelerates like stink with just me onboard!  :038:

Indeed, the best tune-up for the bike is to shed some 20 kg of lard off the rider  :008:

Offline George26

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Odense
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2019, 04:53:17 PM »
Weight with the gear some 117 kg.
Rear: 10 turns in, free sag 7 mm, rider sag 38 mm ( the first measurement was 33 mm, but it changed for some reason, multiple measurements), this is a compromise to still have some free sag.
Front: all in, free 22 mm, rider 44 mm, there is nothing that can be done with the oem suspension.

I'll revisit this later when I have been able to ride the bike, that means 2.5 months at least.

Almoust the same here I weight 100 kg. with gear on, Reat 7 turns in free sag 6, rider sag 37. Front 2 turns to full in, free sag 18, rider sag 37 and it works perfekt for me. In April I am going to bring her to the track (Slovakiaring) see how it going to respond there.

Offline bmartinZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Denver CO
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2019, 06:49:43 PM »
Indeed, the best tune-up for the bike is to shed some 20 kg of lard off the rider  :008:

Can most assuredly confirm! I was 265lbs in April when I bought the bike. Rode around all summer like a fat kid on a Mongoose. Finally decided it was time to change myself rather than the bike. Lost 40lbs since September and now at 226lbs the bike is much more enjoyable to ride. Should be down around 200lbs by the time riding season starts and excited to feel the bike then.

Offline George26

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Odense
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 01:08:53 PM »
 :0461: I just started to loose some bacon, now I am 100 kg. when the season start I want to be under 90 kg. so I can enjoy the bike more
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:10:46 PM by George26 »