Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !


Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: A little list of mods ...  (Read 848 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 161
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
A little list of mods ...
« on: January 06, 2019, 06:50:27 PM »
So it is still winter and I miss my bike .. sorry off topic !  :112:

While I cant ride my bike I can get some small mods for it when spring comes :) .. my Z 900 are fairly new and it have a ton of Rizoma stuff on it all ready .. but I have discovered that I can always find more stuff to put on  :062:

So here are some things I am thinking about getting for my bike and feel free to comment if the things are dumb/not worth the money, bad, cool or good mods

- SW Motech foot enlarger
- Kawasaki Z650 Z900 2017+ Dashboard Screen Protector: 3 x Ultra-Clear
- Kriega us 5 (tail bag)
- GB Racing engine cover
- Techspec tank grips

These are some of the mods I am thinking about getting .. let me know what to avoid or what are good mods , and also share your mods you are thinking of getting to your Z 900  :305:
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline Slowsv

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 99
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Queensland
  • Country: au
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2019, 10:43:26 PM »
I recently fitted the  Speedo Angel screen protector it hides all the fine scratches and the reflections are no worse. I fitted mine wet it made the job a whole lot easier, I bought three one for practice,one to stay on and a spare. First one worked perfectly using the wet method.

Offline stuartho

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 287
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2019, 10:47:26 PM »
I can vouch for the TechSpec tank pads. They look good but are, more importantly, extremely functional and help you with better/easier control of the bike.

The Kriega bag seems like an excellent choice, from what Ive read, but it only has very limited space. So great to carry a little bit of stuff for short rides around town but youd need something else for longer trips.

The GB Engine covers seem to get good reviews and I reckon theyd be a great addition. Check out the Revzilla vid here. My bike fell off its side stand a few months ago and, whilst the Oggy Knob generally did a good job of protecting the bike, the bottom of the engine case came away with a few scratches. It wouldve been protected if Id had covers on, so I recommend getting a set. Either GB or R&G seem good quality.
Stay upright!

Offline Clown900

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 38
  • Town / City: Sydney
  • Country: au
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2019, 01:28:50 AM »
+1 for GB Racing engine case covers. Top quality and great matte finish.
I've also fitted EvoTech Performance Frame sliders for an added bit of protection.

+1 for techspec had these tank grips on my previous bike (Street Triple R) and they made a great difference.


Offline NHRstein

  • Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • *
  • Posts: 187
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Orinda
  • Country: us
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2019, 03:46:41 AM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
So it is still winter and I miss my bike .. sorry off topic !  :112:

While I cant ride my bike I can get some small mods for it when spring comes :) .. my Z 900 are fairly new and it have a ton of Rizoma stuff on it all ready .. but I have discovered that I can always find more stuff to put on  :062:

So here are some things I am thinking about getting for my bike and feel free to comment if the things are dumb/not worth the money, bad, cool or good mods

- SW Motech foot enlarger
- Kawasaki Z650 Z900 2017+ Dashboard Screen Protector: 3 x Ultra-Clear
- Kriega us 5 (tail bag)
- GB Racing engine cover
- Techspec tank grips

These are some of the mods I am thinking about getting .. let me know what to avoid or what are good mods , and also share your mods you are thinking of getting to your Z 900  :305:

The Kriega luggage is awesome. I have the us40 combo for my bike and I did a Death Valley trip with it. I also rode to Monterey in the rain over Christmas and everything stayed dry as can be.

The Techspec grips are quite nice, Just be sure to clean the application area with alcohol to remove any oils from the road or cleaning products used on the bike.

The rest, I don't know much about.
You Never See A Motorcycle Parked Outside Of A Psychiatrist's Office

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1321
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2019, 11:41:14 AM »
Ive got the Gb racing covers on mine and theyre really good. Havent had to test them yet, and hope to not have to, but build quality and finish is great.

Cant comment on the kriega luggage as Ive never used it, but Im using a Givi xstream tank bag for work stuff. Great bit of kit.

Heres a shot of mine with the tank bag and the engine covers. Plus my hand muffs lol :028:

Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline JDMlife

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: LPA
  • Country: es
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2019, 06:30:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Ive got the Gb racing covers on mine and theyre really good. Havent had to test them yet, and hope to not have to, but build quality and finish is great.

Cant comment on the kriega luggage as Ive never used it, but Im using a Givi xstream tank bag for work stuff. Great bit of kit.

Heres a shot of mine with the tank bag and the engine covers. Plus my hand muffs lol :028:




Those hand muffs look really warm  :002:

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1321
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2019, 07:44:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by JDMlife [+]

Those hand muffs look really warm  :002:

Theyre great. Not the best looking things in the world, but I commute year round and at this time of year, I couldnt care less what I look like. If it keeps me comfortable, Im happy. Was -5C (23F) on my way to work the other day. With these, my winter gloves and heated grips on 40%, my hands were toasty when I got to work :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline JDMlife

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 202
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: LPA
  • Country: es
Re: A little list of mods ...
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2019, 01:00:23 AM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Theyre great. Not the best looking things in the world, but I commute year round and at this time of year, I couldnt care less what I look like. If it keeps me comfortable, Im happy. Was -5C (23F) on my way to work the other day. With these, my winter gloves and heated grips on 40%, my hands were toasty when I got to work :028:

Glad to listen that, thanks. I'll keep in mind if I move to a colder place  :038: