Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Z900 Used Value  (Read 1463 times)

Offline bmartinZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Denver CO
Z900 Used Value
« on: January 08, 2019, 05:59:10 PM »
I have gotten myself in quite a financial pinch. Long story, but I am wondering what you all would price a used 2018 non ABS Z? I owe a little over $6k on the note. Obviously this is not going to be an option if I cant at least get the payoff as I cannot cover the difference to release the title. Wrong time of year to sell a bike, I know. But I figured I would at least throw it up on Craigslist.

2018 Z900 Red
- 2k miles
- Delkevic full system
- Still have stock system
- Vegabond Fender

Here is the thing as to why I am unsure what I can get for it. The bike went down right after I bought it. Damage is very minor and hardly noticeable aside from the scuffed mirror. See pics below. Would that be enough to thwart an asking price of say $6400? There is no room for negotiation as I must get what I owe on it or I cannot sell it.

I've managed to buff out the rear tail fender pretty well. The front shroud, there is no fixing that without a new one. The stator cover I suppose can be sanded and painted, but I have not bothered with it. I've only seen a few used Z900's on Cycle Trader for sale by private owner, but they were 17 models with super low miles priced right around $6500.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: Z900 Used Value
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2019, 06:22:35 PM »
Bummer to hear about the finiacal  pinch
My only comment is to put her back to stock and sell the after market exhaust.....That will get you a few extra bucks
Where are you located as we can swap mirrors if that helps you at all

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
  • Unapologetic fair weather rider.
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Danksville, NW
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2019, 06:32:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
My only comment is to put her back to stock and sell the after market exhaust.....That will get you a few extra bucks.

+1
Cazzy_R

Tighten it 'til it strips then back it off half a turn.

Offline bmartinZ900

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Denver CO
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2019, 06:41:10 PM »
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
My only comment is to put her back to stock and sell the after market exhaust.....That will get you a few extra bucks
Where are you located as we can swap mirrors if that helps you at all

Agreed. I was planning on putting the stock system back on and either selling the aftermarket system separate or include it with the bike. I'm located just outside of Denver. The mirror shows the most damage but was not bent or broke in any way. I took some cutting compound to the shroud and rear tail and then followed it up with multiple layers of polish and a sealer. That did wonders for the rear, but the decal on the front shoud is scuffed up and there are a couple scratches that are too deep. The bike and I took a fall in some sand at less than 5mph. Front wheel dug in as I was coming to a stop after avoiding some major debris in a hairpin.

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2019, 08:02:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by bmartinZ900 [+]
Here is the thing as to why I am unsure what I can get for it. The bike went down right after I bought it. Damage is very minor and hardly noticeable aside from the scuffed mirror. Would that be enough to thwart an asking price of say $6400? There is no room for negotiation as I must get what I owe on it or I cannot sell it.
Those scuff are so minor and really easy to fix for next owner....If I was in market and you had those scuff and were asking only $6400...I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough.

If you get a trusting buyer, you can write up a bill of sale explaining you will mail him the title once loan has been paid off (have that paper notarized for buyers sake). This requires some trust and if selling cheap enough (you are), this shouldn't scare off a serious buyer (note: buyer will write check to lender on your behalf and pay you cash on any balance you both agreed on, if any). I will also recommend you tell the buyer you can give him both ignition keys and even chain it...and give him those keys also. This way he knows you will not ride it while loan if paid off and title mailed to you. Unfortunately, the buyer will not be able to drive it legally, till its completely in his name. Also, don't be too kind and let buyer ride MC while its still in your name.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 08:06:52 PM by Frontline »

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 09:45:32 PM »
*Originally Posted by bmartinZ900 [+]
I'm located just outside of Denver.

I am on the East Coast so not your neighbor LoL. I would still swap with you if you want or maybe somebody closer.
Here is to a quick sale for you 👍

Offline VIC8BALL

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Alexandria
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2019, 01:02:25 PM »
Really sucks that you have to part with her, I think you are just going to have to find the right buyer.  If it were me looking, the first thing I would do would be to find out how much it would cost me to replace the scratched parts (because my OCD would not allow me to not fix them) and then compare selling price + new pieces to the cost of a new bike.  However, if you are able to find a buyer that really wants a motorcycle or considers themselves "handy" or knows they are going to aftermarket the hell out of the bike, they will not even blink at the scratches/scuffs and will jump at the cost savings of buying your bike.  So, as I said, think it comes down to finding the right buyer and you can't do that if you don't throw it out there for sale.  Good Luck to you on the sale and on getting your financial hardship cleared up.

VIC

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: z900
  • Town / City: key largo florida
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 01:48:00 AM »
Can you explain how you laid her to bed?

Online SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Upstate SC
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2019, 01:39:15 AM »
I guess I stole mine. New dealer in my area evidently did not know his A$$ from a...well you know.  I bought a new 2018 ABS for $6,750 out the door before the fees etc. After all that it was $8,400. Man did I leave skid marks from that dealership. Given that, it seems $6,400 with the damage is a lot. What does the Blue Book say?

Offline GatorZ

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: NH
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2019, 10:52:27 PM »
*Originally Posted by SCrider [+]
I guess I stole mine. New dealer in my area evidently did not know his A$$ from a...well you know.  I bought a new 2018 ABS for $6,750 out the door before the fees etc. After all that it was $8,400. Man did I leave skid marks from that dealership. Given that, it seems $6,400 with the damage is a lot. What does the Blue Book say?

Sooo you paid $8400? I'm confused