Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Introduction  (Read 213 times)

Online Nomadd762

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: San Diego
Introduction
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:31:32 PM »
How's it going y'all, proud new owner of a 2017 Z, looking for some advice on mods (and undoing some of the previous owner's "upgrades").  24 years old originally from Boston MA where I rode dirt bikes and a Kawasaki EX500r for 8 years, just moved out to San Diego and decided it was time to upgrade. 
Loving the Z so far, I bought her used from the only other owner with about 10,400 on her and a very good maintenance log.  He obviously loved this bike but he definitely did a few things to her that I would not have.  So now I'm working in my apartment buildings parking lot trying to undo some of the damage and make her mine.  Been reading up on the boards here and it seems like there's a lot of guys and gals who have done some very cool stuff to their bikes, looking forward to getting my girl up to standards. 
If anyone wants to know anything else about me just let me know, looking forward to seeing at least a few more Z's on the roads in SD, they are way too rare for how much fun they are.

-Nomad

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: Introduction
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:50:10 PM »
Welcome

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: z900
  • Town / City: key largo florida
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 02:04:35 AM »
*Originally Posted by Nomadd762 [+]
How's it going y'all, proud new owner of a 2017 Z, looking for some advice on mods (and undoing some of the previous owner's "upgrades").  24 years old originally from Boston MA where I rode dirt bikes and a Kawasaki EX500r for 8 years, just moved out to San Diego and decided it was time to upgrade. 
Loving the Z so far, I bought her used from the only other owner with about 10,400 on her and a very good maintenance log.  He obviously loved this bike but he definitely did a few things to her that I would not have.  So now I'm working in my apartment buildings parking lot trying to undo some of the damage and make her mine.  Been reading up on the boards here and it seems like there's a lot of guys and gals who have done some very cool stuff to their bikes, looking forward to getting my girl up to standards. 
If anyone wants to know anything else about me just let me know, looking forward to seeing at least a few more Z's on the roads in SD, they are way too rare for how much fun they are.

-Nomad

I got many stock parts if you wanna trade.

Offline JDMlife

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: LPA
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 02:43:33 AM »
 :400:

Online Nomadd762

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: San Diego
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 06:40:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by Kcklub [+]
I got many stock parts if you wanna trade.

Thanks Kcklub, I might take you up on that, I'll let you know.  Most of the mods the previous owner did were better than the stock but still not what I want, I can't think of anything off the top of my head that I want to revert to stock.

And thanks for the welcomes all.

Offline Scim77

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Pulborough
« Reply #5 on: Today at 06:57:48 AM »
 :400:
You will find lots of good info on this site. Use the "Search" box with your key words and start reading.
Tell us what "damage" you are reversing and what your preferences are.
Who in their right mind would design a vehicle that falls over when it stops?