Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD  (Read 248 times)

jfin13 and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Online VIC8BALL

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Alexandria
CARDO PACKTALK BOLD
« on: January 10, 2019, 12:45:17 PM »
hey guys, so for Christmas my wife gave me the Cardo Packtalk Bold...I think because she tired of not being able to chat with me while I was on the bike...haha...Anyway, I "installed" it in my helmet last night and while I am unable to ride currently because it is  :172: cold and I am a wimp when it comes to cold weather, I am quite impressed with the ease of install and how well the system works.  Anyone else using this system?  I will update my thoughts once I am able to put it to use on the bike, but my off bike tests went well, the voice to text was flawless, the voice command calling perfect and seems there will be plenty of volume.  Others thoughts/experiences?

VIC

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: CARDO PACKTALK BOLD
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 04:38:54 PM »
I got the Packtalk BOLD when it first came out. The best feature is the "hey Siri"..."Hey Google" function. I use it to stream Pandora and control what channel via Apple's "shortcuts" in IOS, speak read/reply back SMS messages, listen to voicemail, ect...

Since buying it, I've never gone on a ride without it. I mesh talk with a friend using it (also with a Z900).

Here is a mod I did to my headset:

Online VIC8BALL

• Z900 Member
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 05:00:58 PM »
So, you actually put the headset in your ear?  If so, assuming you do so prior to putting on the helmet and then plug in...very interesting...is that silicone around the speaker?

VIC

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 05:32:46 PM »
Yeah, it takes a little extra to put helmet on as the wires need to be long enough. I basically lay helmet on seat, insert ear buds then put helmet on. The bud plug into the Cardo jack.

It's medical grade (2-part) silicone I molded into my ear.

BTW: Do you use the Caro solo or paired to another?

Online VIC8BALL

• Z900 Member
« Reply #4 on: Yesterday at 02:51:00 PM »
I haven't used it all due to the very cold weather.  I will mostly use it solo, but have a trip planned with some buddies and will pair it for the trip.

VIC

Online jfin13

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 (Red)
  • Town / City: Toms River/NJ
« Reply #5 on: Yesterday at 09:27:35 PM »
I hope she got it after the partnership with JBL!! Congrats on the gift, buying mine very soon

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
« Reply #6 on: Yesterday at 09:54:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by jfin13 [+]
I hope she got it after the partnership with JBL!! Congrats on the gift, buying mine very soon
Why...they have NOT changed anything in the body of the comm. The 2019 units have "JBL" labeled speakers...
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:57:58 PM by Frontline »