Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Exhaust Help  (Read 703 times)

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: z900
  • Town / City: key largo florida
Re: Exhaust Help
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2019, 02:59:11 AM »
*Originally Posted by GatorZ [+]
Do you know if you still have the O2 sensor? Does she has a Power Commander or ECU Flash? If not go with a stock header, bread basket. No muffler

So stock, straight pipe, that's like a 5 inch sausage man,

Offline Ride2Live

• Z900 Pro
  • Some live to ride, I ride to live.
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Toledo, Ohio
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 02:29:52 PM »
*Originally Posted by Nomadd762 [+]
Do aftermarket headers come with cat in them to cut down on the noise?  Because right now it's essentially straight piped and way too loud for anything except the race track.

Appreciate the info from everyone.

I haven't seen any threads of someone who has them, but Scorpion is a forum sponsor, and they came out with an aftermarket header kit that includes a cat. in the pipe (for the EU folks to meet emissions requirements). Take a look at it if you would like, link below:

https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/kawasaki-z-z-900-17-current-2017-2018-header-pipes

Offline mininsx

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z 900, Concours 14
  • Town / City: Central Kentucky
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 04:11:17 PM »
I don't see how you'll ever get a muffler that short to be quiet. I believe I'd start over and get a full system. 

Offline Nomadd762

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: San Diego
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2019, 04:26:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by ras [+]
No but there are a few threads and sound clips with aftermarket headers and a slip on and they sound great....not obnoxious at all

Sounds good, I'll look into them and try to find one I like.  I'm not trying to have a silent bike, but I would like to be able to have a conversation with the gate guard while it's at idle.

*Originally Posted by GatorZ [+]
Do you know if you still have the O2 sensor? Does she has a Power Commander or ECU Flash? If not go with a stock header, bread basket. No muffler

There is a power commander, I don't have a ton of experience with them but I can find a new map if I change the exhaust out.

*Originally Posted by Ride2Live [+]
I haven't seen any threads of someone who has them, but Scorpion is a forum sponsor, and they came out with an aftermarket header kit that includes a cat. in the pipe (for the EU folks to meet emissions requirements). Take a look at it if you would like, link below:

https://www.scorpion-exhausts.com/kawasaki-z-z-900-17-current-2017-2018-header-pipes

I'll look into it, thanks for the link.  I'm not 100% on needing cat, I'll look into some other decat aftermarket systems and see if I can find a sound I like.  But if those are all still too loud I will probably go with a Cat system.

*Originally Posted by mininsx [+]
I don't see how you'll ever get a muffler that short to be quiet. I believe I'd start over and get a full system.

I'm thinking the same thing, its a lot of damage to undo, might be worth the money to start over.

Thanks again for all the help yall, I'll look into some options over the weekend and probably pull the trigger on something when I get paid on the 15th.  I'm sure you'll see me around the forums looking for advice on undoing other issues on this bike.