Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: 2 wheeldynoworks ECU flash just done!  (Read 238 times)

Offline dougie111

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Rockland
2 wheeldynoworks ECU flash just done!
« on: January 12, 2019, 11:31:22 PM »
Hello all!

I'm have a 2018 Z900 that I bought in August last year.  I have two other bikes( a 15 R3 and 13 Street triple r) that I have had the ECU reflashed and have loved the results so after a bit of research I came across 2 WHEELDYNOWORKS. a vendor sponsored on this forum and decided to take advantage of their services.  Here are my impressions and commentary on their customer service.

Their communication and turnaround is absolutely terrific. They received my ECU 2 days ago(Thursday ) and shipped back (express) the same day to me.  I recieved it today , a couple days later.  The ECU was flashed with consideration to a Two Bros slip on that I have( great sounding exhaust btw).  I took the bike for a 30 minute loop of local roads and some highway.  Takeaways:

First, throttle response is considerably smoother and more immediate. ( stock it had that off throttle/on throttle abruptness that wasn't terrible but noticeable) and  now its very good.  power-wise , it feels similar to stock under 6k rpm.  once past 6-7k rpm thought it begins it to pull harder than stock and up past 9k to redline it absolutely has a HIT of power that the stock didn't have.  I am planning to have the bike dynoed ( and will post results) to see what kind of peak power it makes.  my 'butt'  dyno says somewhere around 120hp.  Compared to stock the bike feels more 'aggressive' in its power band which I like since stock it so smooth and lacks a bit of character compared to other bikes I've owned. If it weren't so freakin cold in New York (Its 30 degrees here)  i would have keep riding my Z as it feels like a more exciting ride now.

If you are thinking of doing ECU flash, go ahead.  All these new bikes are restricted ( some more than others) to meet emissions and the ECU flash is by far the quickest, most practical and least costly mods you can do to your bike to allow it to run 100%.    2wheeldynoworks does a great job with this service.

Offline Jim

• Z900 Pro
Re: 2 wheeldynoworks ECU flash just done!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2019, 11:31:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by dougie111 [+]
Hello all!

I'm have a 2018 Z900 that I bought in August last year.  I have two other bikes( a 15 R3 and 13 Street triple r) that I have had the ECU reflashed and have loved the results so after a bit of research I came across 2 WHEELDYNOWORKS. a vendor sponsored on this forum and decided to take advantage of their services.  Here are my impressions and commentary on their customer service.

Their communication and turnaround is absolutely terrific. They received my ECU 2 days ago(Thursday ) and shipped back (express) the same day to me.  I recieved it today , a couple days later.  The ECU was flashed with consideration to a Two Bros slip on that I have( great sounding exhaust btw).  I took the bike for a 30 minute loop of local roads and some highway.  Takeaways:

First, throttle response is considerably smoother and more immediate. ( stock it had that off throttle/on throttle abruptness that wasn't terrible but noticeable) and  now its very good.  power-wise , it feels similar to stock under 6k rpm.  once past 6-7k rpm thought it begins it to pull harder than stock and up past 9k to redline it absolutely has a HIT of power that the stock didn't have.  I am planning to have the bike dynoed ( and will post results) to see what kind of peak power it makes.  my 'butt'  dyno says somewhere around 120hp.  Compared to stock the bike feels more 'aggressive' in its power band which I like since stock it so smooth and lacks a bit of character compared to other bikes I've owned. If it weren't so freakin cold in New York (Its 30 degrees here)  i would have keep riding my Z as it feels like a more exciting ride now.

If you are thinking of doing ECU flash, go ahead.  All these new bikes are restricted ( some more than others) to meet emissions and the ECU flash is by far the quickest, most practical and least costly mods you can do to your bike to allow it to run 100%.    2wheeldynoworks does a great job with this service.

When its cooler/colder outside. Like in the 40s and 30s. Mine has a lot more snap to it, than when its 85 outside. So you may have been noticing the effects of denser air, not the flash only.

When its in the 30s outside, I can power wheelie in first gear at 3 grand. Only mod engine wise is a Delkevic muffle/silencer. No flash done to the ECU.

Offline dougie111

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Rockland
Re: 2 wheeldynoworks ECU flash just done!
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 03:49:47 AM »
I agree with overall point though I would also add that I ride year round and have ridden the Z recently (when it was bone stock stock) with temps around 40( a bit warmer than what its been this week here in Northeast) and the difference now with ECU and slip-on is really note-worthy.  :821: