Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Helmet and glasses  (Read 1297 times)

Offline MiNuS31

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS...
  • Town / City: Houston, TX
Re: Helmet and glasses
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2019, 11:50:19 PM »
Oh I got ya...that happens to me if I dont push my glasses back all the way towards my face...im not sure how thick or thin you glasses frames are...I suggest go into a optical store or department that sells glasses and try different frames with your helmet on...could be just your frames are too thick...the motorcycle edition you mention would probably be really expensive...

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Town / City: Lohja
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2019, 08:39:01 AM »
Shoei Neotec 2 works with the glasses so that is what I'm going to get.

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2019, 06:19:05 AM »
I ordered the Neotec 2. It does have a hefty price tag, but the price is about the same as a pair of glasses and then I can use sunglasses too (when using contacts) or any other glasses to come. The Shoei internal sun visor is gray (in the GT-Air at lest) that is maybe the worst color for riding, when it's bright you cannot see what is in the shadows, should be brown.

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2019, 03:25:19 PM »
I have a Bell with no cut out for the eyeglasses.

What I did was look in the mirror to get an idea of where they contact the liner. It turns out the temple pieces touch the top of cheek pads.
I removed the cheek pads and cut a very small slit on the top back side of the cheek pads.
I then took a small set of long nose pliers and picked the foam out of the cheek pads, piece by piece. About the size of a pea each time. I reinstalled them to check several times.
Eventually I removed enough foam to make a tunnel for the glasses to slip in.

Now I'm happy. It didn't take that long.

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2019, 05:56:08 PM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
I have a Bell with no cut out for the eyeglasses.

What I did was look in the mirror to get an idea of where they contact the liner. It turns out the temple pieces touch the top of cheek pads.
I removed the cheek pads and cut a very small slit on the top back side of the cheek pads.
I then took a small set of long nose pliers and picked the foam out of the cheek pads, piece by piece. About the size of a pea each time. I reinstalled them to check several times.
Eventually I removed enough foam to make a tunnel for the glasses to slip in.

Now I'm happy. It didn't take that long.

I would have done something similar, but it's not the pads where the temple arms touch but the hard part above the pads. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and make the investment  :002: What worries me a bit is that the Neotec 2 was very comfortable at the same size (M) as the GT-Air. GT-Air is comfy when it's on, without glasses, but getting it on so that it sits comfortably is another thing. N2 did not feel loose, but how it behaves in high speeds is a mystery.

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2019, 06:55:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
I would have done something similar, but it's not the pads where the temple arms touch but the hard part above the pads. Sometimes you just need to bite the bullet and make the investment  :002: What worries me a bit is that the Neotec 2 was very comfortable at the same size (M) as the GT-Air. GT-Air is comfy when it's on, without glasses, but getting it on so that it sits comfortably is another thing. N2 did not feel loose, but how it behaves in high speeds is a mystery.
I use the smallest wire frame glasses that I own when I wear my helmet. The more rigid plastic frame glasses are more of a problem.