Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Slip on Advice  (Read 8245 times)

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: Slip on Advice
Reply #10 on: January 25, 2019, 04:54:18 PM
*Originally Posted by mininsx [+]
"The bank won't allow" you to modify your bike? 

I took it as The Bank = Da Wife lol
2020 GSXS 1000

Offline mininsx

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: '17 Z900, '19 SV650
  • Town / City: Central Kentucky
Reply #11 on: January 25, 2019, 05:49:27 PM
*Originally Posted by ras [+]

:745: :138: I should have thought of that! I'm a single man and don't answer to a "bank" so maybe that's why I didn't think of that.  :008:

Offline VIC8BALL

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Alexandria
Reply #12 on: January 25, 2019, 06:51:14 PM

and I took it as The Balance of my account in the Bank won't allow it...

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #13 on: January 25, 2019, 07:03:02 PM
*Originally Posted by mininsx [+]
"The bank won't allow" you to modify your bike?

Or the credit card is already maxed out from all the shiny new bike parts :745:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Upstate SC
Reply #14 on: January 25, 2019, 09:38:52 PM

Thanks everyone for your advice. I really appreciate it! I will figure it out eventually and this really helps. Too funny about "The Bank" :745: but ras was almost right. I am lucky to have a wife who understands my passion for motorcycling and within reason lets me buy what I want but me and my bank have to justify whether its worth the cost. I am also a big believer in if your going to do it, do it right so I might break the bank and go in all but man, from what I have read if you go with a full system then your adding a Power Commander etc. Hey, Visa, its everywhere you want to be right? I sure like the looks of that carbon Akrapovic can and all the others you all have shared with me. I have some time before the warmer weather hits but will have something by then. Thanks again for your help.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Reply #15 on: January 25, 2019, 10:17:12 PM
*Originally Posted by SCrider [+]
Thanks everyone for your advice. I really appreciate it! I will figure it out eventually and this really helps. Too funny about "The Bank" :745: but ras was almost right. I am lucky to have a wife who understands my passion for motorcycling and within reason lets me buy what I want but me and my bank have to justify whether its worth the cost. I am also a big believer in if your going to do it, do it right so I might break the bank and go in all but man, from what I have read if you go with a full system then your adding a Power Commander etc. Hey, Visa, its everywhere you want to be right? I sure like the looks of that carbon Akrapovic can and all the others you all have shared with me. I have some time before the warmer weather hits but will have something by then. Thanks again for your help.

I think the akra goes really well with this bike, I just went for the titanium with the carbon end, rather than the full carbon as I’m not a fan of full carbon cans, but that’s a personal thing. Happy exhaust buying :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
Reply #16 on: January 26, 2019, 03:24:17 AM
*Originally Posted by SCrider [+]
I would like to upgrade the stock exhaust with a slip on. The bank will not allow a full system upgrade so I will start with this. I have searched the posts here trying to find information and there is so much covering all topics so I thought I would just throw out this question hoping to get good feedback. My local dealer has a Z900 on the floor with an Akrapovic carbon slip on installed and he let me hear it. It looks sweet for sure but did not sound a whole different than stock. I have read that here a couple times as well. I would truly appreciate any advice on what you all have and like. I certainly do not want to make the investment only to be dissapointed. Thanks.

I have the Akrapovic carbon slip on, came on the bike from the dealer. It gives it a slightly deeper tone and a little more growl when opening up the throttle (especially at higher RPM) than the stock muffler which is perfect for me as I'm NOT a fan of loud exhaust. But honestly the best part is it looks a hell of lot better (especially the tailpipe)!
Last Edit: January 26, 2019, 03:35:37 AM by Zynycalwon

Offline Rr1982

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Newport
Reply #17 on: January 26, 2019, 08:41:06 PM
This is my bike. This slip on looks and sounds amazing and it's affordable! About $250.
*Originally Posted by Zynycalwon [+]
I have the Akrapovic carbon slip on, came on the bike from the dealer. It gives it a slightly deeper tone and a little more growl when opening up the throttle (especially at higher RPM) than the stock muffler which is perfect for me as I'm NOT a fan of loud exhaust. But honestly the best part is it looks a hell of lot better (especially the tailpipe)!

Offline zeta

• Z900 Master
  • Town / City: Lohja
Reply #18 on: January 26, 2019, 09:48:30 PM
*Originally Posted by Rr1982 [+]
This is my bike. This slip on looks and sounds amazing and it's affordable! About $250.

I have painted the bottom part of the bread box black (heat-resistant paint) to make it less noticeable.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2020 GSXS 1000
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Reply #19 on: January 26, 2019, 09:55:47 PM
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
I have painted the bottom part of the bread box black (heat-resistant paint) to make it less noticeable.

great idea  :028:
2020 GSXS 1000