Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Pending Suspension Upgrade  (Read 5049 times)

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Pending Suspension Upgrade
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2019, 03:45:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Forks-by-Matt [+]
Toss-up but I'd lean toward shock. A badly behaved shock upsets the entire chassis more so than a fork that doesn't handle bumps properly. That said, "going fast" normally means trying to read the road thru your grips which is directly attributable to the front tire/fork performance. So a case could easily be made for doing the front first.
Swap out current cartridge for one that has been re-valved. About $130 + fluids + install. With new springs you should be  in the neighborhood of $300-350 all-in.

K-Tech Razor-Lite shock for $400 + install. So depending on how much you can do yourself or need pay a shop, you should have a "new" bike comfortably under $800.

Lol, just been having another google while having a coffee before work and found your eBay listing for the cartridge kit I mentioned + a shock. You come in about 15 cheaper than I can get them for, but the postage from you to me puts it at about 200 more.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Springfield, VA
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2019, 05:31:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
found your eBay listing for the cartridge kit I mentioned + a shock. You come in about 15 cheaper than I can get them for, but the postage from you to me puts it at about 200 more.
The ebay prices are inflated by at least 10% to cover the skim they feel entitled to for running a few computers.
Good suspension doesn't have to be expensive.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #62 on: May 25, 2019, 05:56:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by Forks-by-Matt [+]
The ebay prices are inflated by at least 10% to cover the skim they feel entitled to for running a few computers.

That makes your prices even better then. Problem is that the postage from the states to the UK is so expensive!
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Z900-WA

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: spokane
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2019, 06:11:54 AM »
Wow! Thanks for the detailed info and explanation Matt. Really helps put things into perspective for me.

I'd been reading some of your previous posts & as a result I'd been checking out the Nitron RT1 for replacing the rear shock. IYO how does the K-Tech stack up against the RT1? Especially Considering it is about half the price...

I understand you're a distributor for suspension parts, right. Would that extend to someone here in the U.S.?

If so, how would I go about purchasing my new suspension components from you? Not sure K-Tech vs. Nitron yet (waiting on your opinion) & I'm probably a few weeks out on the actual purchase, but let me know how to & I'll make sure to get from you.

Thanks

Offline Forks-by-Matt

• Approved Vendor
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Springfield, VA
« Reply #64 on: May 26, 2019, 06:58:32 AM »
IYO how does the K-Tech stack up against the RT1?
The K-Tech uses a smaller piston and has quite a bit less volume and thus oil in the system so when used hard will tend to heat up faster. But even a level2 track day isn't going to stress either one very hard. The Nitron has better finishing, better bump compliance, runs a bigger piston and has an easier to use preload mechanism. If you have the extra $150, Nitron hands down. But the K-Tech is no slouch. They've cornered the excellent performance for the cheapest price point.

I understand you're a distributor for suspension parts, right. Would that extend to someone here in the U.S.?
I work directly with the US Importers of Nitron, K-Tech, Wilbers, Andreani, and Matris. I'm, however, not an official dealer but more an "internet sales agent". All warranty is fully in effect though as the sale is actually booked thru them so there is no question on that subject. I also order Ohlins thru one of the aforementioned contacts. I can get any All-Balls product at reduced pricing as well. The one major I don't carry is Penske but I can highly recommend 2 contacts if you want to go that route. JRi makes very nice shocks as well but I don't think they have an application for the Z900 yet.

I can handle suspension parts for any bike, not just the Z-family.
If you're overseas, please PM to see if we can work something out. But typically the shipping fees kill whatever price advantage I might have been able to offer.
Good suspension doesn't have to be expensive.