Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Competition Werkes Exhaust and Bar Mirrors + Installation Tip  (Read 1376 times)

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Upstate SC
Competition Werkes Exhaust and Bar Mirrors + Installation Tip
« on: January 31, 2019, 08:29:37 PM »
Today I installed the Competition Werkes slip on exhaust and Bar Mirrors. A big thanks to Bigj11 here who sold them to me on Ebay and shipped them out the same day. I really appreciated that. I had looked long and hard at all the different exhausts and decided on this one primarily for looks and price knowing that without a header it was not going too sound much different. Well when I cranked it up I was really surprised. It sounds great. Just enough growl for my taste. It sounded a lot better than any video I had ever seen. In fact, I took a video of it and it does not do it any justice. The sound is much deeper in person.

I also put on the Amazon Bar Mirrors. I had read some negative things about the hardware and also that you have to be careful not to crimp the throttle. I did not have any trouble getting the left one to tighten right up but was having that trouble with the throttle one. There is not enough room in my opinion to tighten the mirror without crimping the throttle. I tried everything with no luck so I went to Home Depot and bought a 1/2 inch nut and a longer bar end bolt. M8 1.25 x 40mm to be exact. The nut fits perfectly inside the mirror clamp and allows for a lot more throttle room. It worked perfectly. I took the bike out for short very cold ride to adjust the mirrors and I think these will be great. They are on very tight. I have included some pics and hope this helps anyone looking at these upgrades. I appreciate everyone's help here which helped me make the choices.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: Competition Werkes Exhaust and Bar Mirrors + Installation Tip
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2019, 08:37:14 PM »
Good write up buddy, exhaust looks smart :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Shayne31

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Charlotte, NC
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2019, 09:10:03 PM »
That exhaust hole looks gigantic in that first pic.

If you ever get some headers, she is gonna scream.
The fearless may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Offline bigj11

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Memphis
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2019, 09:39:23 PM »
Dang that looks great!  I'm glad you are happy with it.

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2019, 12:41:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by bigj11 [+]
Dang that looks great!  I'm glad you are happy with it.

Thanks again! You made the sale easy and I appreciate it. Hey, your in Memphis. I have been talking to Sarge in Atlanta about hooking up down around Deal's Gap and that area sometime. He said he has made that trip a time or 2. Its a bit of a hike for you but worth it if you like the best riding on the east coast. Just a thought. I would go west from SC toward you or south towards Atlanta too if anyone was interested in getting together. Life is too short right? That invite is for anyone here close enough to want to hook up and ride. I go out that way 3 or 4 times a year and stay a few days. Just throwing it out.

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2019, 09:14:18 PM »
An update to my Bar Mirror installation. I took the bike out today for a good ride. Wow from the deep freeze to the 60's! Sure felt great. 70 next week! Anyway I did not get a mile before I realized that the left mirror was too low. There was no way to get the mirror high enough and the clutch would hit it if you tried to move it up. I had to put the 1/2 inch nut inside the mirror clamp like I did on the throttle side to give it room to the left. Worked great. It takes just minute to make that adjustment.

I was also looking for a cap to put in the old mirror screw hole. Had ordered one on Amazon for 14 bucks which will be going back as I found that a 5/16 cap from Lowes fit perfecty for $1. Picture below. Just a perfect clean fit. I am real happy with these mirrors with the extensions in place. Very solid at a great price. On a side note, Man I highly recommend the Michelin Road 5's for replacement tires. I can not believe the difference they make in handling. Night and day. I am sure others who have these feel the same way. I hope this helps anyone interested.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2019, 09:26:01 PM »
*Originally Posted by SCrider [+]
Anyway I did not get a mile before I realized that the left mirror was too low. There was no way to get the mirror high enough and the clutch would hit it if you tried to move it up. I had to put the 1/2 inch nut inside the mirror clamp like I did on the throttle side to give it room to the left. Worked great. It takes just minute to make that adjustment.

if you have access to a lathe the bar ends themself are very soft and easy to mill a grove in to mount the mirrors. Never have to worry about pinching the throttle tube or adjustments
Also, you can  find EX650 perches on eBay { for cheap a lot of the time}, that gets ride of them stem and really cleans the bars up

Offline ZROD

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Bangalore
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2019, 09:36:26 AM »
*Originally Posted by SCrider [+]
Today I installed the Competition Werkes slip on exhaust and Bar Mirrors. A big thanks to Bigj11 here who sold them to me on Ebay and shipped them out the same day. I really appreciated that. I had looked long and hard at all the different exhausts and decided on this one primarily for looks and price knowing that without a header it was not going too sound much different. Well when I cranked it up I was really surprised. It sounds great. Just enough growl for my taste. It sounded a lot better than any video I had ever seen. In fact, I took a video of it and it does not do it any justice. The sound is much deeper in person.

I also put on the Amazon Bar Mirrors. I had read some negative things about the hardware and also that you have to be careful not to crimp the throttle. I did not have any trouble getting the left one to tighten right up but was having that trouble with the throttle one. There is not enough room in my opinion to tighten the mirror without crimping the throttle. I tried everything with no luck so I went to Home Depot and bought a 1/2 inch nut and a longer bar end bolt. M8 1.25 x 40mm to be exact. The nut fits perfectly inside the mirror clamp and allows for a lot more throttle room. It worked perfectly. I took the bike out for short very cold ride to adjust the mirrors and I think these will be great. They are on very tight. I have included some pics and hope this helps anyone looking at these upgrades. I appreciate everyone's help here which helped me make the choices.

Bet this exhaust would sound killer with full system headers...
Look at the diameter of the end can... dayum  :156:
2008-2011           Bajaj Pulsar 200
2011-2014           Honda CBR 250R
2014-2017           Hyosung GT650N
2017-Present      Kawasaki Z900

Offline JDMlife

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: LPA
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2019, 12:04:09 PM »
Ufffff I like that exhaust, I like a lot!  :062:

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2019, 03:57:04 PM »
*Originally Posted by ZROD [+]

Bet this exhaust would sound killer with full system headers...
Look at the diameter of the end can... dayum  :156:

I heard some other higher priced slip ons and they did not sound that much different than stock without the headers so I was not expecting much out of this one but it sounds great! It has a much nicer growl than stock but is not overly loud which is exactly what I wanted. Very happy with this choice.