Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: SW-MOTECH Engage Tank Bag Review on Blue Ridge Pkwy Ride  (Read 1554 times)

Offline Blackcell06

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Utah
Re: SW-MOTECH Engage Tank Bag Review on Blue Ridge Pkwy Ride
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2019, 06:12:56 PM »
*Originally Posted by SCrider [+]

As you can see in the photo it is not a good idea to go to the Gap on weekends. Unreal what happened. I mean you can't make this $hit up. I left the overlook at the Gap for those that know of it. The second I pulled away he came up from the left behind me as I got on it up the hill. I never saw him and he followed me for a long way before he put his lights on right before the Killboy Photographers. He had me going 50 mph in a 30. Yes hard to believe the Gap is 30 mph which means they can pretty much pull over anyone riding it. After seeing that I had no tickets or accidents and some pleading from me....Ok a lot of pleading, he let me go with a warning. For those of you that do not know much if anything about the Gap, there are numerous photographers that take your photo which you can buy when you get home. Everyone wants their photo taken at the Gap. As I was going back to my bike he said, Make sure you go to Killboy and look for this photo as I turned my lights on just as we went by. He smiled and said, "It will be a classic for you with a great story", which of course I am sharing now. Needless to say, I really watch my A$$ when I go there now and I try to enjoy the ride and not get too wild so this does not happen again.

Can I ask what bags you have?
Both my bikes are for sale.
2013 Speed Triple -19k miles
2017 Z900 -3k miles

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Bham
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2019, 11:15:12 PM »
*Originally Posted by Blackcell06 [+]
Can I ask what bags you have?

Saddle bags? They're SW-MOTECH Blaze: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/sw-motech-blaze-saddlebag-system-kawasaki-z900-2017-2018

Offline Blackcell06

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Utah
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2019, 11:55:55 PM »
*Originally Posted by Zynycalwon [+]

Thanks. They look really clean.
Both my bikes are for sale.
2013 Speed Triple -19k miles
2017 Z900 -3k miles

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Bham
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2019, 11:56:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
We went to the Dragon a few years ago on ZRXs, buddy's girlfriend got nabbed for 44 in 30 just starting up it from the tree of shame, she was in 2nd gear- it cost her a penny or two + being from NY lol.
Made our week.
It's a money grab tourist thing then go find better places, our ZRX group has a yearly gathering in N. GA (Suches area)  Memorial Day week- been on some great rides, hard rain in the South but never disappointed.
Quick rip on the pipe up Blood Mountain was very memorable.   :169:

I agree, some great rides further south and that are NOT a speed or tourist trap! My usual ride (here) on Hwy 25 southeast of Birmingham is virtually LEO free. Occasionally there's a county Sheriff around but they don't blink an eye unless you're acting a fool. It's even better around Cheaha Mountain (Hwy 281/Skyway Motorway), no LEO presence at all.  :002: