Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Torque on exhaust bolts?  (Read 641 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline JohanJ

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Town / City: Vsters
  • Country: se
Torque on exhaust bolts?
« on: February 09, 2019, 09:14:50 PM »
Hi folks  :001:

I'm finally got my thumb out of the ass and I have purchased a black widow 4-1 de-cat race exhaust that I will combine with my scorpion slip on. But I have some questions, what is the torque on the exhaust bolts? Especially  the once that fits the exhaust to the cylinder head?
And do I need to remove something  to get it fitted, like the cooler or something like that?

Br
Johan :821:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2019, 09:17:34 PM by JohanJ »

Offline MZ900

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 404
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
  • Country: lt
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2019, 10:37:54 PM »
cant specify any torque numbers.  but regarding headers replacement, you only need to loosen a lower bolt of radiator and it tilts up/forward enough to reach headers nuts

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1222
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2019, 10:47:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by JohanJ [+]
Hi folks  :001:

I'm finally got my thumb out of the ass and I have purchased a black widow 4-1 de-cat race exhaust that I will combine with my scorpion slip on. But I have some questions, what is the torque on the exhaust bolts? Especially  the once that fits the exhaust to the cylinder head?
And do I need to remove something  to get it fitted, like the cooler or something like that?

Br
Johan :821:

Couldnt tell you if you need to remove/move the radiator to install the headers, but heres the section of the service manual with the torque values for fitting the system:



Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Kes

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 466
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: SOLIHULL
  • Country: england
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2019, 10:54:37 PM »
No need to touch the cooler atall.
DT175, CD185, CB400,GS850,GPZ1100,GS1000,CB900, KLR650,GSX100EFE,xt250,GSXR750, GSXR1100, SP180,XV650, XR250, GasGas 250,ZRX1200,DRZ400,ZX6R,VNB750, Aprilia Shiver, XV950,CB1000R, Z900R.

Offline JohanJ

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Town / City: Vsters
  • Country: se
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2019, 11:23:15 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Couldnt tell you if you need to remove/move the radiator to install the headers, but heres the section of the service manual with the torque values for fitting the system:





Maybe I'm blind, but the only torque I can find is the one for premuffler chamber mounting bolt and nothing about the torque for the exhaust pipe holder nuts :006:

Offline RobZ900

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 1222
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
  • Country: gb
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2019, 12:19:05 AM »
Youre right, so I had a look at the Akrapovic website for the fitting instructions for their headers. The flange nuts are 22nM or 16ft/lb. instructions are here:

https://d1sfhav1wboke3.cloudfront.net/ImageServer/Apim2media/Documents/17293/6fb31b8e-d7b1-4d77-ac83-b4d8085af1b1.pdf
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline JohanJ

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Town / City: Vsters
  • Country: se
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2019, 08:27:53 AM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
Youre right, so I had a look at the Akrapovic website for the fitting instructions for their headers. The flange nuts are 22nM or 16ft/lb. instructions are here:

https://d1sfhav1wboke3.cloudfront.net/ImageServer/Apim2media/Documents/17293/6fb31b8e-d7b1-4d77-ac83-b4d8085af1b1.pdf

Perfect, thanks man :046: :046: :046:

Offline JohanJ

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Town / City: Vsters
  • Country: se
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2019, 03:52:55 PM »
Another question for you guys. Is there any one of you how know how kawasaki counts there cylinders? Is it 1,2,3,4 from left to right if you sit on the bike?

Offline zed9

  • Z900 God
  • *****
  • Posts: 2680
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Country: us
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2019, 04:32:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by JohanJ [+]
Another question for you guys. Is there any one of you how know how kawasaki counts there cylinders? Is it 1,2,3,4 from left to right if you sit on the bike?
Yes. #1 is on the left as you sit on the bike.

Offline JohanJ

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 19
  • Town / City: Vsters
  • Country: se
Re: Torque on exhaust bolts?
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 07:36:27 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Yes. #1 is on the left as you sit on the bike.

Thanks man!!!  :047: