Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Service ?  (Read 303 times)

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
Service ?
« on: February 10, 2019, 07:44:58 PM »
Right now there are not many days left before motorcycle season officially starts (1 March) here in Denmark, my bike are stored away for the winter but I was thinking about this ... My bike are fairly new, bought last year and I have ridden 8000 km ca and second service was at 6000 km, third service are at 12000 km .. but should I change the oil and oil filter when I pick up the bike again ? .. or should I just ride and then get the third service done at 12000 km as planned ? ...

Im fairly new in this hole motorcycle world and I can understand that some are very anal when it comes to oil and oil changes, personally I just want my bike to run the best it can and avoid any damage to a new bike and engine ..

Let me know what your thoughts are on this ..  :435:
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Seat Cover - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile piece - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma numberplate - Radiator protector - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Kriega US5 Tailbag

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: Service ?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 10:04:38 PM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
Right now there are not many days left before motorcycle season officially starts (1 March) here in Denmark, my bike are stored away for the winter but I was thinking about this ... My bike are fairly new, bought last year and I have ridden 8000 km ca and second service was at 6000 km, third service are at 12000 km .. but should I change the oil and oil filter when I pick up the bike again ? .. or should I just ride and then get the third service done at 12000 km as planned ? ...

Im fairly new in this hole motorcycle world and I can understand that some are very anal when it comes to oil and oil changes, personally I just want my bike to run the best it can and avoid any damage to a new bike and engine ..

Let me know what your thoughts are on this ..  :435:
Once the oil goes through a motor, it begins to degrade. This is why in the manual is says change every X # of distance OR once a year (regardless of distance). Oil & filter is so cheap...why even take any chances!?!?! Depending on how/where you store MC over winter, you can get condensation in the motor. At the very least, just change oil and wait for the 3rd service in 4000km to do the rest.

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 07:05:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
Once the oil goes through a motor, it begins to degrade. This is why in the manual is says change every X # of distance OR once a year (regardless of distance). Oil & filter is so cheap...why even take any chances!?!?! Depending on how/where you store MC over winter, you can get condensation in the motor. At the very least, just change oil and wait for the 3rd service in 4000km to do the rest.

My bike are stored inside with heat so it is very safe :) .. I may change the oil when I pick it up ..
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Seat Cover - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile piece - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma numberplate - Radiator protector - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Kriega US5 Tailbag

Online Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 08:29:20 AM »
This must be a very common scenario in Denmark.  What do Kawasaki recommend?  As you say there is a lot of talk on here about oil changes but nobody doing the talking provides the warranty.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • OneOfTheNobodies
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2019, 09:17:57 AM »
*Originally Posted by Marco [+]
This must be a very common scenario in Denmark.  What do Kawasaki recommend?  As you say there is a lot of talk on here about oil changes but nobody doing the talking provides the warranty.

If I ask my dealer whom are a Kawasaki dealer they are not so anal, they say stick to the service intervalts and everything is good, changing the oil would be a little bit of a waste of product but if it gives peace of mind then do it .. there should be no problem with the oil after only 2000 km .. and since the bike are stored indoors there should be no water in the oil ...

Online Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2019, 10:31:01 AM »
Makes perfect sense to do what they say.
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline Jim

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2019, 06:35:22 AM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
If I ask my dealer whom are a Kawasaki dealer they are not so anal, they say stick to the service intervalts and everything is good, changing the oil would be a little bit of a waste of product but if it gives peace of mind then do it .. there should be no problem with the oil after only 2000 km .. and since the bike are stored indoors there should be no water in the oil ...

Stored in a heated indoor area, there should be no problem with water in the oil, since the engine didn't get warm from solar heat during the day, and cold nights.