Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Anybody going to bike week?  (Read 1475 times)

Offline gotworusty2

• Z900 Member
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Where's my two dollars?
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Sanford
Anybody going to bike week?
« on: February 18, 2019, 02:44:18 AM »
Anybody going to bike Week?
Tidytail fender eliminator, Motodynamic taillight,Radiator Gaurd, TST front turn signals, LED headlights, aftermarket foot pegs front and rear, TST turn signal relay and taller than stock windshield, R&G frame sliders and front fork sliders

Offline Shayne31

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 z900
  • Town / City: Charlotte, NC
Re: Anybody going to bike week?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2019, 03:36:34 AM »
Which one? Haha BBW or Harley week? Either way I stay clear of that mayhem. I live in Charlotte and prefer not to associate with that haha.
The fearless may not live forever, but the timid do not live at all.

Offline speedyjerry

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: palm city
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 12:11:22 PM »
Daytona is 160 miles north have been riding there since the late 60's. Always fun, have a mission this year to buy a leather Kawasaki race jacket. They won't tell me who makes them, it seems to be some national security issue. Am hopeful to find one at the speedway vendors display first Sunday.
Motel rooms sky high will probably do a day ride.

Offline Kcklub

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: z900
  • Town / City: key largo florida
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2019, 03:19:23 PM »
*Originally Posted by Shayne31 [+]
Which one? Haha BBW or Harley week? Either way I stay clear of that mayhem. I live in Charlotte and prefer not to associate with that haha.

2nd this, its a disaster waiting to happen, every year a few ends up getting them kill.

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2019, 04:15:20 PM »
I have a few co-workers who go to the Thunder Beach (Panama City Beach, FL) rally. Cracks me up because they trailer their $20k+ Harley's down there then putt around a few miles then trailer them back.   :138:  :745:

They usually try to get me to go but honestly you couldn't pay me to do it. I ride to get away from people and that kind of traffic!  :001:  :305:

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2019, 05:50:36 PM »
I have not ever gone to anything like that,  so I want to go to one close to Alabama maybe this summer when it warms up.  Im retired so I could go to things like this I just havent done it before but want to.  Also there is a motorcycle museum in Alabama ,  I think it is in Leeds Alabama,  also a motorcycle track called barbers speedway,  I think it is in Leeds Alabama also.  Some people do track days there.  I have been meaning to go check out the place just havent gotten around to doing it yet.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2019, 06:33:08 PM by Warmweather-Rider »
Alabama 47

Offline speedyjerry

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: palm city
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2019, 06:17:03 PM »
So none of you are motorcycle racing fans, followers, enthusiast?

That's weird for a performance motorcycle forum.

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2019, 11:01:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
I have not ever gone to anything like that,  so I want to go to one close to Alabama maybe this summer when it warms up.  Im retired so I could go to things like this I just havent done it before but want to.  Also there is a motorcycle museum in Alabama ,  I think it is in Leeds Alabama,  also a motorcycle track called barbers speedway,  I think it is in Leeds Alabama also.  Some people do track days there.  I have been meaning to go check out the place just havent gotten around to doing it yet.

Barber Motorsports Park and Museum is just west of Leeds. I usually stop by there toward the end of my rides to take a break and watch anything that may be out on the track. The motorcycle museum is incredible, well worth the visit alone. I've been curious to check out what's involved to do a track day there but nearby Hwy 25 and Sicard Hollow road have so many twisties and change in elevation that I usually forget all about it. Below is a screenshot from Google Maps of my usual ride (and direct link here). Hwy 25 is a blast, highly recommend it especially on the Z!   :007:  :001:

Offline Zynycalwon

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2019, 11:08:00 PM »
*Originally Posted by speedyjerry [+]

That's weird for a performance motorcycle forum.

Haha, not really. Been riding since I was 17 (50 now), seen a few races on TV but they never really interested me. These days I rarely even turn the TV on anymore, instead I'm usually out riding any chance I get.  :002:

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2019, 01:44:41 AM »
If I lived in Daytona, I would leave for the week to avoid the crazy rolling into town during that time. The Hardley Davidson ratio is soooo high, that it completely turns me off.

*Originally Posted by speedyjerry [+]
Officially the only racing is dirt track, flat track and dirt drag racing. Nope, nope and nope. Only 2-wheel racing I like to watch is GP1 and to a lesser extent, GP2...thats it.

The best part of Bike Week for me is the roads all around me will be more void of tractors (HD's) as I generally pass/see them 30:1 over sportbikes.