Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: FtEcu  (Read 874 times)

Offline Tudtran

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Johnstown
Re: FtEcu
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 03:45:52 AM »
Finally! My ecu is flashed. Purchased the kit on 8/24/2018. After a harness recalled, software issues, endless troubleshooting over email and ship my ecu in. Its done.

Here is my new ecu setting
Im using the power commander map for full exhaust.
Fan low/high 185/194
Disable decel fuel cut
Disable Air valve (block off plate)
Disable stock o2 (plug it with an m18 bolt)
Disable Evaporated canister (remove the whole canister)

Only ride for 10 minutes tonight. But everything is smooth. If any of you want to flash your ecu. I will let you borrow the kit.

Offline puneet724

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Faridabad
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2019, 11:45:07 AM »
Congratulations!

Online Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 12:13:50 PM »
Harness issue...uhh...that would drive me nuts because you would expect the company sorted things out before shipping. So am I understanding you correctly...the ECU needed to be shipped to FTECU because the flash you tried to do broke (bricked) your ECU?

*Originally Posted by Tudtran [+]
If any of you want to flash your ecu. I will let you borrow the kit.
While I know you can buy individual tune licenses ($100/ea), I thought the hardware was also locked to YOUR account. Anyways, nice gesture  :152:

ps. As tempting as it may be, I don't suggest you ever touch the ignition timing (even though that is where you can really make power). Don't want to read a post from you saying you have a hole in your piston   :148: :211: :182: :172: :192:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 12:21:03 PM by Frontline »

Offline Tudtran

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Johnstown
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 01:18:19 PM »
My ecu wasnt broke (bricked). Like it said in my previous post. Im keep getting fail selecting device. The software is fail to recognize my ecu. So to fix the problem ftecu need to find an ecu. I send my ecu in so they can update the software.

Ps. You know what burn a hole in your engine? Not having the right air fuel mixture. If my engine for having the right air to fuel ratio, I think I maybe the first person. I have been think about swapping ninja 1000 engine into the Z900. Now that I have access to the ecu so if my engine blow up, perfect excuse to do the swap.

Offline ti-will29

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: saint-aim
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2019, 07:47:23 PM »
Ive got a 1239 to here in Canada and flash it with the 1240 tunes. Ive got no problem at all.

*Originally Posted by Frontline [+]
Don't have FT for the Z. The Z900 is pretty new with them, they only recently added it. Their bread and butter has been Yamaha.

Did you verify with them your specific ECU number is supported? I think Kawi makes 4 different ECU's. As a reference, mine is the 1239 (which ironically, I can't find a tune for that).

Offline puneet724

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Faridabad
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 05:21:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by ti-will29 [+]
Ive got a 1239 to here in Canada and flash it with the 1240 tunes. Ive got no problem at all.

I got 1212 ecu.. cannot take the risk 😟