Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: My endless search  (Read 425 times)

Offline speedyjerry

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: palm city
My endless search
« on: March 13, 2019, 03:21:11 PM »
For a Non-Black racing leather jacket has ended. Rode to bike week Sat&Sun after three months of calling every bike shop in Florida, I just wanted to walk into a store and try on jackets until I found one that fits, that I liked. Most shops have NO leather jackets. I went from south to north and all points between in Daytona unlike years ago when most shops had some to try.
Today every store has the same bandanas, chaps, vests, belts, hats, gloves, and BLACK leather jackets.....
I gave up and ordered a white Icon jacket from cycle gear yesterday, hope it fits.
South Florida is too damn hot for anything black.

Z900 does fine average 90mph, Daytona is 160 miles, the fuel light is blinking. 70-80 mph you can drive months on a tank of fuel. The Kawasaki extended wind screen is a great option love that.
Have Ventura luggage rack and bag now getting ready for a trip to Deals Gap couple months.

My butt still needs practice, two hours of riding on 95 and I'm ready to get off, stopped at Corbin in Daytona looking at their seats, they have many options.

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: My endless search
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 06:16:58 PM »
If all is normal, once low fuel light blinks...you have roughly 35 actual miles till empty. Generally, when I refuel I add between 3.2 to 3.6 gallons. Even though I ride with a friend (also Z900), don't like running fuel pumps low as they use the fuel around them to keep cool.

Offline speedyjerry

• Z900 Member
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 08:17:46 PM »
At 90+ on mine the economy thing goes out on dash and starts guzzling gasoline like 🍺

Offline 009z

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Dayton
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 11:47:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by speedyjerry [+]
For a Non-Black racing leather jacket has ended. Rode to bike week Sat&Sun after three months of calling every bike shop in Florida, I just wanted to walk into a store and try on jackets until I found one that fits, that I liked. Most shops have NO leather jackets. I went from south to north and all points between in Daytona unlike years ago when most shops had some to try.
Today every store has the same bandanas, chaps, vests, belts, hats, gloves, and BLACK leather jackets.....
I gave up and ordered a white Icon jacket from cycle gear yesterday, hope it fits.
South Florida is too damn hot for anything black.

Z900 does fine average 90mph, Daytona is 160 miles, the fuel light is blinking. 70-80 mph you can drive months on a tank of fuel. The Kawasaki extended wind screen is a great option love that.
Have Ventura luggage rack and bag now getting ready for a trip to Deals Gap couple months.

My butt still needs practice, two hours of riding on 95 and I'm ready to get off, stopped at Corbin in Daytona looking at their seats, they have many options.

You going to Deal's Gap Memorial Day weekend?  Cuz I'll be down there with some friends.

Offline speedyjerry

• Z900 Member
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2019, 10:59:12 AM »
I can't specify a date yet.