Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What More Can I Do??  (Read 3244 times)

Online zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
Re: What More Can I Do??
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »
*Originally Posted by RobZ900 [+]
I spent about £170 to change my indicators for sequential led indicators. Loved the look of them but car drivers seemed to be struggling to see them. Then one of them failed. Sent it back under warranty and used the stock indicator while I was waiting for the replacement. During that time I found that cars were seeing me indicate easier. Replacement arrived and I fitted it, then within 3 months, 3 more failed including the replacement. Sent them back for a refund and used the money for a set of engine bars instead. I agree with you that the stock don’t look as good, but when it comes to being seen, I think they’re better. Just going to change the bulbs in mine for led so I get the best of both worlds.
The OEM indicators have to pass government approval (DOT in the US) for both brightness and spacing. Many aftermarket indicators value form over function.
I rather look visible than cool, although I don't mind the look of the stock signals.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
Re: What More Can I Do??
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2019, 06:06:46 PM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
The OEM indicators have to pass government approval (DOT in the US) for both brightness and spacing. Many aftermarket indicators value form over function.
I rather look visible than cool, although I don't mind the look of the stock signals.

Neither do I really, the led indicators I got looked much better, but just weren’t good enough for the job. As a show bike, they would have been great, but as a daily commuter, not so much. Have kind of got used to the stock indicators now. That said, I think they look better on the vagabond tail tidy than they did on the stock fender.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!