Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mini sport touring shad luggages  (Read 779 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline cjskinner

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 216
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2019, 02:31:13 PM »
*Originally Posted by zdeck900 [+]
I have a Givi top case.  I bought a used rear seat and mounted the Givi top case base plate on it , you can see it on the third and 4th pic I posted.  I think it looks better than having the rear top case rack installed behind the seat.  Downside is you can't have a passenger when the top case is in use.

That's why mine is behind the rear seat... Gf want to follow!

Offline zdeck900

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Town / City: Bay Area
  • Country: us
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2019, 03:04:29 PM »
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
That's why mine is behind the rear seat... Gf want to follow!

That make sense, my wife ride her own bike so I don't use the rear seat at all.  How is your saddlebag with your exhaust?  I check mine after each ride and it's fine even after riding for hours, I only notice that it only get a little warm when I start my bike and let it idle for a few minutes.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2019, 03:13:03 PM by zdeck900 »

Online Snoopy

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 20
  • Country: au
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2019, 03:10:52 PM »
Thanks, the only worry I have is the weight on the rear seat and that its not overloaded so that the box might put too much pressure and lift the rear seat at speed.

Also getting on the bike with the box on the rear seat is a bit more difficult.


Offline cjskinner

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 216
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2019, 05:49:45 PM »
*Originally Posted by zdeck900 [+]
That make sense, my wife ride her own bike so I don't use the rear seat at all.  How is your saddlebag with your exhaust?  I check mine after each ride and it's fine even after riding for hours, I only notice that it only get a little warm when I start my bike and let it idle for a few minutes.

I didn't have the chance to try it yet. Gf never said it was too hot so I guess It won't be much of a problem. Will tell you when I can ride!

Offline zdeck900

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Town / City: Bay Area
  • Country: us
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2019, 07:43:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by Snoopy [+]
Thanks, the only worry I have is the weight on the rear seat and that its not overloaded so that the box might put too much pressure and lift the rear seat at speed.

Also getting on the bike with the box on the rear seat is a bit more difficult.

I never have problem with it at speed or even uneven road, even when its loaded up.    I had the same set up on my previous bikes for years.

Definitely getting on the bike is a little tricky but been doing it before so I'm used to it.

Offline zdeck900

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Town / City: Bay Area
  • Country: us
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2019, 07:47:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
I didn't have the chance to try it yet. Gf never said it was too hot so I guess It won't be much of a problem. Will tell you when I can ride!

yeah just keep an eye on it especially yours is made of fabric, you don't want it to catch on fire or melt while riding. 

Offline cjskinner

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 216
  • Town / City: Quebec
  • Country: ca
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2019, 08:32:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by zdeck900 [+]
yeah just keep an eye on it especially yours is made of fabric, you don't want it to catch on fire or melt while riding.

I could tape some aluminium wrap maybe !?

Offline mADmAN

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
  • Town / City: Petaling Jaya
  • Country: my
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2019, 04:10:35 PM »
*Originally Posted by zdeck900 [+]
I have a Givi top case.  I bought a used rear seat and mounted the Givi top case base plate on it , you can see it on the third and 4th pic I posted.  I think it looks better than having the rear top case rack installed behind the seat.  Downside is you can't have a passenger when the top case is in use.

Would u mind sharing pix of how u mounted the givi base plate? Ive been thinking of doing the same (if i can ever find a spare rear seat)

Offline zdeck900

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 36
  • Town / City: Bay Area
  • Country: us
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2019, 12:07:58 AM »
*Originally Posted by mADmAN [+]
Would u mind sharing pix of how u mounted the givi base plate? Ive been thinking of doing the same (if i can ever find a spare rear seat)

Here you go




Offline mADmAN

  • Z900 Member
  • **
  • Posts: 52
  • Town / City: Petaling Jaya
  • Country: my
Re: Mini sport touring shad luggages
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2019, 01:50:02 AM »
Thank u...i see 4 bolts from the top view but only 3 on the bottom view...whered the other one go? Lol