Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Chain lube  (Read 3880 times)

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
Re: Chain lube
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2019, 01:28:43 PM »
I've used Maxima for years, sorta messy but dealt with it.
Since getting the new Z and seeing some of the Youtube "tests", decided on trying Dupont's spray for awhile- couldn't find it locally so ordered 2 cans off Ebay.
My ZRX chain was so nasty, cleaned it for a good 45 minutes with grunge brush + kerosene then air hose, being gold it shines again!  That spray goes on thin, I hit it again few hours later, can't even tell it's on there.
See how it does. 
"The ride is the reason"

Offline Zrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: syracuse NY
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 03:28:21 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
I've used Maxima for years, sorta messy but dealt with it.
Since getting the new Z and seeing some of the Youtube "tests", decided on trying Dupont's spray for awhile- couldn't find it locally so ordered 2 cans off Ebay.
My ZRX chain was so nasty, cleaned it for a good 45 minutes with grunge brush + kerosene then air hose, being gold it shines again!  That spray goes on thin, I hit it again few hours later, can't even tell it's on there.
See how it does.
ive been using maxima for years as well. Im kinda sick of the mess so i might try something new here soon.

Offline MZ900

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: KLP
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2019, 09:42:19 AM »
I use wurth. Luv it. Got tired cleaning bike from motul/repsol and all the rest.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2019, 09:49:37 AM »
*Originally Posted by MZ900 [+]
I use wurth. Luv it. Got tired cleaning bike from motul/repsol and all the rest.

+1 :028:
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!

Offline Marco

• Z900 Master
  • Bike: Z900 Performance Ed
  • Town / City: Carrickfergus
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2019, 08:10:57 PM »
+2
Z900 Performance Edition  Akrapovic ASZT can Delkevic headers  Bar end mirrors  High seat  R&G rad guard   R&G tail tidy  Chinese levers Hyperpro fork spring kit.  Supersprox Stealth rear sprocket.  Nitron NTR1 shock absorber.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2019, 03:09:53 PM »
Dupont update:

Did 272 miles on the Z with no visible fling off- there was some white residue on my sprocket and garage floor (didn't shake the sh*t out of the can as recommended before using)  :157:
Wife's Ninja 650 had good results and no mess at all.
The ZRX chain was cleaned and totally dry, 2 coatings about 3 hours apart and have rode that for almost 100 miles so far with nothing showing on the swing arm.

I think it's pretty good as far as staying on- longevity is yet to be determined. 
"The ride is the reason"

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2019, 03:19:03 PM »
*Originally Posted by porkchop [+]
Dupont update:

Did 272 miles on the Z with no visible fling off- there was some white residue on my sprocket and garage floor (didn't shake the sh*t out of the can as recommended before using)  :157:
Wife's Ninja 650 had good results and no mess at all.
The ZRX chain was cleaned and totally dry, 2 coatings about 3 hours apart and have rode that for almost 100 miles so far with nothing showing on the swing arm.

I think it's pretty good as far as staying on- longevity is yet to be determined.
I find the DuPont still looks like it's working at 4-500 miles so I'm not worried if a ride takes me beyond that point.  I try to lube it at the 350-400 mile mark tho.

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Lohja
« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 05:08:31 PM »
If you can get Wurth cheap or want maybe the best product there is, get it. It's synthetic wax that dries immediately. But I think I'll be mainly using CRC chain lube pro, it's an awesome product with 1/3 of the cost of Wurth.

Offline RobZ900

• Z900 God
  • Town / City: Wiltshire
« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 06:31:11 PM »
*Originally Posted by zeta [+]
If you can get Wurth cheap or want maybe the best product there is, get it. It's synthetic wax that dries immediately. But I think I'll be mainly using CRC chain lube pro, it's an awesome product with 1/3 of the cost of Wurth.

Good shout, will give it a go when I run out of my Wurth stockpile lol.
Motorcyclist - noun (moh-ter-sahy-klist)
: a person willing to take a container full of flammable liquid, place it on top of a hot, moving engine and then put the whole lot between their legs!