Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Mods complete. Need feedback.  (Read 488 times)

Offline ronny728

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Billingshurst
Re: Mods complete. Need feedback.
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 08:28:16 AM »
*Originally Posted by zed9 [+]
Bingo. Replacing the OEM Dunflops is the best mod possible followed by setting up/re springing suspension.

Are the Dunlops really that bad? I picked up my Z900 last week so brand new tires, is it worth changing them now or once the Dunlops are done?

Im 108kg are there big gain to be had having the suspension sorted?

Online RR

• Z900 Member
  • 948 cc inline-four
  • Bike: 690SMCR/Z900
  • Town / City: Victoria
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 09:29:03 AM »
*Originally Posted by ronny728 [+]
Are the Dunlops really that bad? I picked up my Z900 last week so brand new tires, is it worth changing them now or once the Dunlops are done?

Almost 4.000 miles on the Dunlops and ridden them from edge to edge.  :027:

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 02:33:51 PM »

Are the Dunlops really that bad?

Short answer NO

Longer answer is they do have limitations in the cold / damp. Not predictable in those conditions

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2019, 04:08:31 PM »

Im 108kg are there big gain to be had having the suspension sorted?
It depends how you ride. If you just take the bike out in warm dry weather and ride in straight lines and go slowly around corners you'll be fine.
If you ride in a sporting manner, or on damp roads then no.

I thought they were ok but I was a little suspicious to see I had ridden them to the edge when I wasn't pushing the bike. I think they have a flatter profile but have yet to compare side by side.
On my second or third ride, once I was comfortable on my new bike they started to slip in corners I never had a problem with before. With plenty of tread still on the Dunlops I got rid of them. There are several online expert reviews that show the tester sliding on them.
Swapping them out with Conti RA3 made a world of difference.

The z900 is sprung for 80 kg. At 108kg oh heck no. Again, if you're just toodleing around you'll be fine.
I'm 84 kg in my undies and just had my bikes suspension rebuilt with .95 springs in the forks and 700 in/lb shock spring. Nice.