Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: USB port  (Read 847 times)

Offline zeta

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Lohja
Re: USB port
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2019, 09:43:21 PM »
I'm using a legacy cigarette lighter socket and a separate 2x2.4A USB charger. That is because a cigarette lighter socket is nearly unbreakable being very simple and it somewhat tolerates water, no fancy electronics in it. USB chargers might not be that long lasting (having more components), a separate charger is easy to replace and it's easy to unplug (it consumes some power by itself). The other thing is that in the winter time I do not unplug the battery but every now and then connect the CTEK smart charger to the cig lighter socket. A cig lighter socket also enables you to connect any other compatible device and there are plenty.

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2019, 09:35:40 AM »
Is the Kawasaki USB port waterproof?  I would use it mainly for a radar dectecter.  I would pay the extra price for the Kawasaki one if I had peace of mind knowing it is waterproof Incase of a heavy rain.
Alabama 47

Offline mADmAN

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Petaling Jaya
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2019, 11:14:52 AM »
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
Is the Kawasaki USB port waterproof?  I would use it mainly for a radar dectecter.  I would pay the extra price for the Kawasaki one if I had peace of mind knowing it is waterproof Incase of a heavy rain.

its waterproof when not in use. but when u have something plugged in, ull have to open up the waterproof cover and of course water can seep in.

also the kawasaki isnt a USB port... its a ciggie lighter port.