Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Translogic Quickshifter Installed.  (Read 8329 times)

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Launceston, Tas
Re: Translogic Quickshifter Installed.
Reply #30 on: May 30, 2019, 08:10:09 AM
*Originally Posted by vegie [+]
I had mine installed by my mechanic (I didn't have the time or the space to do it), and when I tried to go into PTM it wasn't happening either....whilst the quickshifter was working correctly, it would not go into PTM.  After reading the comments above I went outside and pulled up on the lever (by hand) with a pretty hard pull, and like magic, the light went green.  Don't be afraid to really pull up on the gear selector to get into PTM.

The other issue is maybe you need to adjust the gear lever position (move it lower), so the ankle movement to pull the lever up to change gears (when riding) means you do not have the lift the lever so high.

I played with this position quite a bit after the install, and it made a world of difference in positive gear selection. Doing that, along with changing the sensitivity to 1 (as done by the OP) has made a huge difference.  How anyone could use setting 15 for sensitivity is beyond me.....a bit like the highest setting on the toaster...  :)

Glad that worked out for you and Zen9. It takes a lot of force, but a bit too much force IMO when changing gears with your foot, I found setting it to 1 is perfect for me.

I couldn't agree more with the gearlever position needing to be adjusted down to get it just above your foot so you have full movement up when changing, I do that on every bike.
I think most of the people on here that hit false neutrals when changing up have not adjusted the gearlever to suit their foot position, so they do not get a full lift up into the next gear fully.

Since I got this quickshifter I wondered and pondered into the late hours about why do they let you adjust kill times when the ECU does this automatically, what's the point, it looks at revs the engine is doing and adjusts the kill times to suit, so why do we need PTM to adjust anything if its all auto, apart from the sensor pressure of course, which thank god was adjustable. And it does it very well. Well I will tell you why I reckon it has adjustable kill times, and it is not in the manual. The ECU cannot calculate your foot speed when changing gears, it has no way of knowing that is, so if you move your foot fast, or you move your foot slow when changing it is going to affect the smoothness or roughness of the change. So for me I found the gears were silky smooth in the lower revs but got a little bit less silky in the higher revs, so I was probably not moving my foot as fast as what factory kill times were expecting my foot to move at. Hope this makes sense. In the end to cut a long story short, I went into PTM and set every rev range up 4 milliseconds to 70millisecs (factory is 66 millisecs) and the difference is just amazing, first to second is so smooth you cannot feel it, and every other gear at any speed or revs is just perfect now. So what I have done is set it to suit my foot speed.
Oh and the other thing that I worked out is that the sensor pressure and kill times are connected to each other, so if you reduce sensor pressure, increase kill times a bit is my general rule now. Why you ask, well think about it, if pressure is 5 and you are pushing up very hard on the gearlever, the motor finally cuts revs  and at this high pressure you have on the gear lever it literally fly's at light speed into the next gear. But say you reduce sensor pressure as we have, then you are not lifting hard at all when sensor kills revs, so it moves into next gear at slower speed. Think about it and it makes sense.
Try it if you are having similar issue, just do first to second gear rev range to 70 millisecs to see the difference it makes on the first to second shift.
Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 08:27:32 AM by Greyhairhoon

Offline Ozdriver

• Z900 Junior Member
  • Town / City: Melbourne, Australia
Reply #31 on: June 01, 2019, 02:58:20 AM
I fitted the same one to my Z900RS. Not a Z900, the gap between 1st and 2nd, and 5th and 6th is wider  on the Z900RS. Like you I set the pressure sensor to #1 instead of the factory #5. I experimented a bit with the factory dwell settings but went back to the original.
It works especially good when you are revving the bike hard, for more relaxed riding I use the clutch between 1st and 2nd otherwise its too jerky. Well worth buying, its so much fun.

Offline JEPPAY

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 2020
  • Town / City: Randers
Reply #32 on: September 22, 2020, 03:14:38 AM
Hi Guys

Im ready to buy! I had Translogic on my old Ninja and it was FUN! And sure its quality but the shifts doesnt come with just 1 cut, since the intellishifter just cuts them individually. Anyone tried other brands now besides Healtech, Translogic and Annitori?
Come visit me at
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #33 on: September 22, 2020, 03:59:25 AM
*Originally Posted by JEPPAY [+]
Hi Guys

Im ready to buy! I had Translogic on my old Ninja and it was FUN! And sure its quality but the shifts doesnt come with just 1 cut, since the intellishifter just cuts them individually. Anyone tried other brands now besides Healtech, Translogic and Annitori?

Sorry I have not tried others, yes it cuts them individually but that is what gives it the great sound when changing gears, the pop-pop-pop-pop, so good.
Still very happy with this quick shifter, could not have one on a bike now.

Offline JEPPAY

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 2020
  • Town / City: Randers
Reply #34 on: September 22, 2020, 05:46:21 AM
*Originally Posted by Greyhairhoon [+]
Sorry I have not tried others, yes it cuts them individually but that is what gives it the great sound when changing gears, the pop-pop-pop-pop, so good.
Still very happy with this quick shifter, could not have one on a bike now.

Take an MT09 fx ... when they accelerate hard and QS up ... its ONE bang pr shift!

Racebikes ... of maybe 1000cc on track does it aswell. I just never got to talk to them about which QS system
Come visit me at
www.youtube.com/JEPPAY

Offline Cazzy_R

• Z900 God
Reply #35 on: September 22, 2020, 10:24:36 AM
Yay! GHH is back. 👍👏👏

Offline Greyhairhoon

• Z900 Master
  • Topic Author (OP)
Reply #36 on: September 22, 2020, 11:02:01 AM
*Originally Posted by Cazzy_R [+]
Yay! GHH is back. 👍👏👏

Ha yeah Cazzy. You notice everything. I thought you all needed a bit of a break from all the rubbish I rattle on with. I am always poking around on here just reading stuff.
You and the other regulars on here do a mighty job of answering all the questions and do a great service for all.
Still love the 900, I don't think I will ever get rid of it,
 :152:

Offline Akuma

• Z900 Member
  • Bike: Z900 2017
  • Town / City: Oulu
Reply #37 on: November 27, 2020, 08:14:56 AM
Any ideas where to buy in Europe.

Prices are similar about 470 eur incl. freight to Finland.

Black Friday offers etc. :305:

Offline bambam

• Z900 Member
  • Town / City: Exeter
Reply #38 on: November 27, 2020, 08:46:29 AM
*Originally Posted by Akuma [+]
Any ideas where to buy in Europe.

Prices are similar about 470 eur incl. freight to Finland.

Black Friday offers etc. :305:

Finland

Scandinavian Choppers
Kirkkokatu 4 a 22
90100 Oulu
Finland
Telephone: +35 8 407 177 807
Icon 1  Icon 2  Icon 3   

Siukola Motorsport
Ask for: Erkki
Kalkkitie 13 C 6
Vantaa
FINLAND
Telephone: +35 8 400 333 043
Icon 1  Icon 2  Icon 3   

Bola Race
Ask for: Juha
Hallitustie 2b
07560 Pukkila
Finland
Telephone: +35 840 874 4873

Translogic website has a list of dealers for Europe.

https://www.translogicuk.com/dealer.php
Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 08:48:51 AM by bambam