Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: Are the Givi saddlebags the best?  (Read 759 times)

Offline Warmweather-Rider

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Bike: Kawasaki Z900, 2019
  • Town / City: Alabama 47
Are the Givi saddlebags the best?
« on: May 09, 2019, 10:23:19 AM »
Later on I would like some waterproof hard saddlebags that are the best quality you can get.  Durable and on their own support rod so the finish on the Z is not buffed up,  also that can handle the weight of the stuff you put in the saddlebags.  Best quality,  what brand?
Alabama 47

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
  • Town / City: Quebec
Re: Are the Givi saddlebags the best?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2019, 02:20:39 PM »
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
Later on I would like some waterproof hard saddlebags that are the best quality you can get.  Durable and on their own support rod so the finish on the Z is not buffed up,  also that can handle the weight of the stuff you put in the saddlebags.  Best quality,  what brand?

I have them, looks really nice on the bike. Didn't have the chance to try them yet. Soon probably I  will keep you in touch!

Other than Givi take a look at Shad. I had problem with the quality but some didn't!

Offline SCrider

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Upstate SC
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2019, 01:26:07 PM »
*Originally Posted by cjskinner [+]
I have them, looks really nice on the bike. Didn't have the chance to try them yet. Soon probably I  will keep you in touch!

Other than Givi take a look at Shad. I had problem with the quality but some didn't!

I just looked at them and do not see how they would be better than the Sw-Motech bags except they cost a lot less. The Motech bags are great quality and have slide on rails so they are rock solid. Not sure about the Givi's. Just my opinion from owning Motech's and from what I see.

Offline zed9

• Z900 God
  • Bike: 2017 z900
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2019, 02:26:14 PM »
I have a 52 liter GIVI top box that I bought fifteen years ago for a trip cross country. I wanted a lockable hard case for more security when the bike was unattended. It worked alright and still does. It's easy to mount and dismount from the bike.
Having said that, if I were to buy again I would get waterproof soft bags. The hardcase can be broken into probably with a screwdriver in no time. So your sense of security might be false.

Soft bags hold up better in a slide and they can be lockable. As it turned out on my trip, I was never far from my bike. I would take the box off and leave it in the motel room then ride off exploring.
The best thing would be to go to a place where you can see for yourself. Any SW Motech product I've seen is top notch but a quick look on the Twisted Throttle site shows me they're wicked expensive and ugly IMO. A Trax setup looks to cost north of two grand.  :005:
If you want the best luggage money can buy I hope you have a lot of it.

Offline porkchop

• Z900 Pro
  • Bike: 2019
  • Town / City: Central NY
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2019, 06:25:51 PM »
My dealer had a set of Cortech super 2.0 36L bags + extra tail bag sitting on a Z, they looked like a nice set up for the price.

Bit cheaper at DK
https://www.denniskirk.com/cortech/super-2-0-36l-saddlebags-8230-0305-36.p5001749.prd/5001749.sku
"The ride is the reason"

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2019, 07:51:10 AM »
Thanks
Alabama 47

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 01:49:23 PM »
Just did a big one day ride with my Gf. I only had the givi tail bag fitted, she said it was way better for her with that in her back. She wasnt forcing with her legs and barely holding herself on me and feel secure!

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 08:36:23 PM »
Thanks Cjskinner!  Great to know!  How are the saddle bags as far as durability?  I think the semi riridged ones will be good as far as lockability and security.
Alabama 47

Offline cjskinner

• Z900 Pro
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 09:43:19 PM »
*Originally Posted by Warmweather-Rider [+]
Thanks Cjskinner!  Great to know!  How are the saddle bags as far as durability?  I think the semi riridged ones will be good as far as lockability and security.

Didnt have the chance to try them yet. Waiting for a longer ride! Btw the tail bag took 5 mins to install. The saddle bags are a bit longer since I have to unscrew my exhaust a little bit!