Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !


Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: USB Charger ... please help  (Read 430 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 159
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
USB Charger ... please help
« on: May 11, 2019, 08:49:23 PM »
I saw this video


And I was wondering if this is "safe" for the bike .. dont know how much the wires can hold, dont want them to short out... is it a go or a no go ?! ...  :027:
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Online stuartho

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 283
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: USB Charger ... please help
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2019, 10:15:25 PM »
This is completely fine. These are the same wires that the Kawasaki accessory module plugs into. So long as youre only charging your phone or powering a gps or similar itll work great.

You can install a USB charger just as shown in the video. Youre  looking for the accessory wires (two 4mm bullet connectors) under the front cowl. You may have to dig a bit to find them as theyre tucked away towards the front.

+ve is the  female
-ve is the male

Ive had a similar setup installed on my Z for months now with no dramas. But I wish Id had that video to watch beforehand.

Its great being able to use Waze or REVER and know that the phone is kept fully charged.

For more info, check out the forum topic using the link below.

https://www.z900forum.com/index.php/topic,226.30.html
.


« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 10:28:30 PM by stuartho »
Stay upright!

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 159
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
Re: USB Charger ... please help
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 04:39:01 PM »
Well got my unit today and wanted to install it .. but turns out that the negative wire is too small for the negative connector on the unit .. that is strange since it is  the same unit as  in the video where  there are no problems !? ... there are no way to connect it since it just to loose and slides out ... I must find another usb charger for my bike ! .. Waste of money !
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Online stuartho

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 283
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: USB Charger ... please help
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2019, 11:55:49 PM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
Well got my unit today and wanted to install it .. but turns out that the negative wire is too small for the negative connector on the unit .. that is strange since it is  the same unit as  in the video where  there are no problems !? ... there are no way to connect it since it just to loose and slides out ... I must find another usb charger for my bike ! .. Waste of money !

Or you can simply replace the bullet connector on the end of the USB wire with correct size (should be 4mm) or maybe the female connector that its falling out of just needs crimping slightly with a pair of pliers?
Stay upright!

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • Posts: 159
  • OneOfTheNobodies
  • Country: dk
Re: USB Charger ... please help
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 03:22:30 PM »
*Originally Posted by stuartho [+]
Or you can simply replace the bullet connector on the end of the USB wire with correct size (should be 4mm) or maybe the female connector that its falling out of just needs crimping slightly with a pair of pliers?

Well I did not know that the bullet connector came with diffrent sizes  :138: ... and the unit I got is kind of poor quality since it came apart when I tried to install it (with no force) it just came undone ...  :187:
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Online stuartho

  • Z900 Pro
  • ***
  • Posts: 283
  • Bike: Z900
  • Town / City: Brisbane
  • Country: au
Re: USB Charger ... please help
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 11:18:17 PM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
Well I did not know that the bullet connector came with diffrent sizes  :138: ... and the unit I got is kind of poor quality since it came apart when I tried to install it (with no force) it just came undone ...  :187:

Ah ok. If its falling apart then it might be a good idea to get a different USB unit. If you check that thread in the link I shared above youll find that a few people have linked to the USB units they purchased.

Stay upright!