Z900

Please login or register.

News: A big welcome to all new members !

Scorpion EXhausts

Author [ES] [MY] [PL] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [DK] [NO] [GR] [TR] Topic: What chain and sprocket are people using?!  (Read 189 times)

Offline OneOfTheNobodies

• Z900 Pro
  • Topic Author (OP)
  • OneOfTheNobodies
What chain and sprocket are people using?!
« on: May 23, 2019, 02:03:16 PM »
I dont plan on chaging the gearing on the bike but at some point I need a new set of sprockets and a new chain .. what brands are normally good ? .. what kind of chain should I get ? ...  and what size fits on the z900 ? ...

Bonus question.. how long do the stock chain and sprocket normally last ? ... im at little over 12.000 now ..
Z900 2018 Black - Full Akrapovic system - Rear Seat Cowl - Rizoma Tomok Mirrors - Rizoma Breaklever RRC - Rizoma Clutchlever RRC - Rizoma Grips Sportline - Rizoma Bobbins 8x35 - Rizoma Footpegs - Rizoma Barend weights - Rizoma Oile Cap - Rizoma turnsignal - Rizoma Numberplate - Radiator Guard - SW Motech Kickstand Enlarger - SW Motech Crash Bars - SW Motech Micro Tankbag - Eazi Grip Tank Protector - Luimoto Seat Cover+Gold Gel - HealTech Break Light Pro

Offline Frontline

• Forum Supporter
  • Z900 Master
  • Bike: 2018 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Florida
Re: What chain and sprocket are people using?!
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2019, 03:41:07 PM »
I just pulled my rear wheel off to fully inspect/clean sprocket/chain/spacers. They still look new and this is at about 14K miles.

I lube my chain every 400 miles and fully clean & lube every 800 miles. I've only had to adjust for chain stretch couple times.

However, if you wanted to do the 520 conversion, then I can see the point. But (changing) for just preventative maintenance, just stay on top of maintenance and don't worry about it.

ps. Keep in mind, we have clear & sunny weather 95% of the time. Outcome may be different in rough weather conditions.

Online ras

• Z900 God
  • Is What It Is
  • Bike: 2017 Z900 ABS
  • Town / City: Central Vermont
Re: What chain and sprocket are people using?!
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2019, 03:54:59 PM »
*Originally Posted by OneOfTheNobodies [+]
what brands are normally good ? I like and will run SuperSprox sprockets  .. what kind of chain should I get ? I have had great luck with both EK and DID and what size fits on the z900 ? stock is 525 but just because I will run a 520 setup if I keep her that long to need to ..

Bonus question.. how long do the stock chain and sprocket normally last ? That is an open ended question and chain maintenance is the key but 20K is about when  I have needed to look at swapping them out